《 45 》

All throughout breakfast, Luciano kept insisting on checking my food, but it would seem a bit rude to do that, so I put my trust in the dish in front of me

All throughout breakfast, Luciano kept insisting on checking my food, but it would seem a bit rude to do that, so I put my trust in the dish in front of me. Hoping that it wouldn't make me pass out, or worse, start vomiting my guts out.

I was feeling much better today. I have absolutely no clue about what Luciano injected me with, but damn. Ironic, isn't it? I suffered from food poisoning last night and suddenly I feel good enough to go out on a killing streak for fun. Not like I'll do it right now. I've got much more important business to attend to.

"Done. I'm out." I sighed after downing the rest of the orange juice I had been handed. Everyone looked at me as if I had two heads, but I shrugged it off and decided to head towards the office.

After I had texted Angelo last night, I expected him to come down and meet me at the office, but he wasn't even at the table for breakfast. As for the others, I knew the girls were going out with Xiomara on a shopping spree somewhere around town, and the rest of the guys said something about training and racing, but I didn't pay much attention to it.

Honestly, seems like neither of us can come to our rendezvous in time. Yes, I included myself...

"Alright, I'm here." Angelo's voice was finally heard once he entered the office.

"Where were you?" I questioned as I examined his attire. He was wearing a white dress shirt that had the top buttons undone, along with the ones in his sleeves. My eyebrow raised once I spotted a cup of coffee in his hand.

"Went out for coffee. Why? You want a sip?" He deadpanned while pulling his phone, car keys, and wallet out of his pocket to place them on the desk.

I shrugged. "No. I'm just waiting for you so I can finally show you the file I've got about the Riveras."

"Alright then, go ahead." He sighed before pulling his desk chair and sitting beside me. My God, the aroma of his coffee seemed Heavenly since it was the first thing that invaded my senses, followed by his cologne.

After he got comfortable beside me, I opened the file I had prepared.

"They're a trafficking organization, but they've been losing profit since things and laws have changed all over the world. Especially the child trafficking type, which is their specialty." I began to explain while Angelo just kept his gaze fixed on the screen and continued to sip from his coffee. "Their main base is in Madrid, but apart from that, they have the other one in Chicago."

Angelo, after a brief moment, hummed and pointed towards the screen where there was a small family tree, starting at the two most recent generations. "But here it says there's two other heirs beside Taylor. How about we try and look for them too?"

My eyes widened in awkwardness and pouted. "About that..."

"What?"

"I may have killed his brothers, Leon and Pierre..."