《 46 》

Wait

Wait... oh God.

A sudden tension fell upon my shoulders after I realized what I had just said.

Angelo's eyes darkened and his jaw clenched while he began taking slow steps towards me. Unlike the other times, I refused to step back and end up backing up against God-knows-what.

Once he was close enough, he stopped in his tracks. "Do you really want me to prove it..." His tone was so low it came out as a deep whisper.

"Actually, you don't have to prove anything when there is nothing going on between us." My lips pulled into a sarcastic smile as I pressed my finger against his chest, and he took a step back once I applied pressure. This was a horrible idea.

Way to go, Gabriella, way to go.

As I created some distance, I turned around to walk around the opposite side of the desk, planning in heading towards the door. Yet I was stopped when I felt Angelo's rough grip on my wrist and he pulled me back, until I was pressed right against him.

His arms wrapped tightly around my waist as he leaned down to whisper in my ear. "I'll be the judge of that, Gabriella..." I bit my tongue once his hand slid up to the back of my neck and pulled me to him so he could press his forehead against mine. "You know it's hard to resist, amore..."

I tried my best to glare right at his dark and amused-looking eyes through the awfully close distance between us, but I sucked in a sharp breath and my gaze lowered to his lips, which were sending a smirk my way. Damnit...

When my palms pressed against his chest to push myself off him, he took a step forward in sync with my step back, leaving me pressed against him no matter how hard I tried. I was going to keep trying until the hand that rested on my waist forced me to stay in my place. His lips began to look tempting the moment they parted, and he licked the inside of them.

I had to close my eyes to avoid his burning gaze and mutter, "Let go of me before it's too late..." He was starting to get to me, and one thing became clear for me: I didn't know the definition of control when he was around.

Only his strong and masculine scent, combined with his cologne made all this seem unbearable. Then, those eyes that watched every single move of mine. I saw no other escape from his firm grip and mesmerizing touch.

"What happened to being all tough with me?" He grinned, making me question my own actions.

Part of me just wanted to push him back and threaten to put a bullet through his skull if he kept this going, but the other part of me felt like having his rough and hungry lips on mine, stealing the air from my lungs. So far, the second option was starting to win me over.

"Please, Gabriella, bring me out of my misery and kiss me even when we both know my lips don't deserve to be touched by your own." He whispered once again. "Let me in to worship you like the starved man I am, please."