《 28 》

"Gabriella!" She yelled, causing me to narrow my eyes at her before I stepped towards her

"Gabriella!" She yelled, causing me to narrow my eyes at her before I stepped towards her. But her next words made me stop once again. "I fucking trusted you! Why didn't you tell me you had that bastard here!?"

"Hey, she's going to pass out any time soon, let's try and calm her down." Luciano said as he stepped beside me. He then turned to Isabella, whose strong, pained glare softened when she saw him. I felt completely useless, watching how my sister slowly gave in and leaned against Luciano's chest, her glare fixing on me once again.

"Why." She seethed again with one of the coldest scowls forming on her face. I just stood there, with a deathlike expression, to the point where I could feel my heart thumping on my chest.

After a moment, my jaw clenched and it was like my inner self took control of my words. That corrupt, tempered, and empty self of mine. The one I've always been trying to fight and cover with a much softer façade. The real deadly part of me. "Because he hurt you. My sister. And I want to keep him close so you could see me make him pay, to his death..."

That deep, murderous side of mine was quickly apprehended when I noticed Isabella visibly gulp, and her expression turn paler each second. Luciano also seemed to notice when he told Denise to go for water. She ran past me towards the training area, where there are usually a few fridges with energetic drinks and water.

"Let's get her somewhere comfortable." Luciano said, picking her up bridal style. Mateo joined him as he began to carry her back to the mansion. Denise then caught up to them with a few bottles of water. I was left standing there with Nathan, who now fumbled with Hale's cell's lock.

"This is my fault, isn't it..." I sighed, running my hands down my face. Nathan seemed to have heard when he turned around and approached me. He gently grabbed my arms, pulling my hands away from my face.

"Hey, it's not. I understand why you do it and agree. I know he deserves to pay, even if it means killing him in front of her..." He muttered, his hands now sliding down to my own. I couldn't bring myself to look up at him as that hard and heavy feeling made my chest feel uneasy.

Without saying anything, I walked over to Hale's cell and marked the pin in the lock. I felt Nathan's gaze on me when I opened it, the coldness that lingered inside of it sending a shiver down my spine.

Hale was on his knees in the corner of the room, his forehead against the cold wall. His shirt was completely gone, and I could get a clear view of all the cuts, burn marks and bruises he had. I could tell he was being starved, since I could see his ribs beginning to show. He didn't seem to notice my presence when I walked over to the table that usually had all kinds of weapons in it.

My fingers grazed the handle of a knife which I grabbed. Through the corner of my eye I saw how Nathan stood in the doorway, watching me as I approached Hale from behind. When he saw my shadow, he slightly rotated his head to look back and froze the moment his eyes landed on me.