《 10 》

I watched as he led me to the middle of the dance floor

I watched as he led me to the middle of the dance floor. He stopped, turning around and opening his arms as I stepped between them. His hands held a firm grip on my waist as we began swaying to the music.

His eyes scanned me, before I felt his cold rings against my thigh. He lifted my leg as I dipped down, careful not to let go of my arm or leg. My heels helped me slide up as he lifted me, allowing me to twirl before gaining my composure.

I stepped in front of him, my back pressing against his chest. "Where'd you learn how to dance like this, Mr. D'Amico?" I paused as his hand slid up to my stomach, my own being placed over his. "I have to admit, I am quite impressed."

He chuckled, stepping back as he let go of me, allowing me to twirl freely in front of him. "I learnt from my parents, Miss Díaz." His hand reached for mine as he pulled me back into his arms.

I placed my hands on his shoulders, and noticed how he seemed deep in thought; his eyes looking around the room. His expression was dead serious; he looked as if he was searching for something. Finally, his attention landed on me after I cleared my throat.

"Is everything alright?" I raised an eyebrow, giving him a questioning look. His jaw clenched, as if looking for an answer. What's up with him?

After a moment, he finally spoke. "I've been meaning to ask," He spun me around, making me tear my gaze off his puzzled expression for a second. "What exactly happened to your parents?"

He seemed extremely curious. The question took me by surprise, but I kept my expression serious, as if I hadn't heard a thing. I nodded, placing my hands around his neck as we continued to dance.

"Killed." I didn't hesitate much to answer. I tried my best not to say it out loud, until I noticed Aleksander giving me a 'what do you mean' look while he passed us, swaying with another woman. Angelo's gaze followed mine, also noticing Aleksander's.

He looked back at me, slowly leaning his head in the door's direction. I felt hesitant for a second, before giving him a nod of approval. He offered me his arm before I linked mine with it, and we made our way away from the dance floor.

As we walked away to a private lounge in the far end of the ballroom, I watched Denise leaning against a column. She gave me a questioning look while taking a drag of her cigarette. Even from a distance, I could see the gun perfectly camouflaged between the design of her black and grey dress.

The sudden smell of gunpowder and expensive cologne took over my senses as we entered the lounge. In the middle there was a pool table with men crowded around it. I could see a group of people sitting around a table in the back playing Poker.

At the right side of it, there were a few booths with TVs and women carrying trays with champagne flutes, glasses of wine, and whiskey. I was led to the opposite side, where we approached a large bar which had tons of expensive alcoholic drinks on display in the back of it.