《 11 》

I simply stared at him, speechless

I simply stared at him, speechless. They literally were about to play Poker, and they made me the prize. Didn't even bother asking for my consent. Right now, I felt like grabbing a knife and peeling their skin off, especially Hale's.

Reluctantly, I stood up from the bar stool, Angelo's deep brown eyes lingering on me for a second before he followed Hale to the Poker table. As they left, I heard the sound of a glass sliding across the marble counter, turning around to see one of the bartenders. She had slid another flute of champagne my way, her visibly shining hazel eyes giving me a soft look before she whispered "You'll need it, Miss Díaz..."

With a sigh, I thanked her and grabbed it, turning around to face the four men sitting around a large table. As I began to walk towards it, I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Gabriella is it true? What they're saying about a Poker game?" Isabella asked, a look of suspicion and curiosity scanning my expression. I guess rumors really spread fast. She raised an eyebrow, while I noticed more people entering the lounge, and standing near the Poker table. I shrugged, moving a loose strand of my long black hair behind my ear.

"Yes, it is true, Isabella." I paused, bringing the flute up to my lips, the champagne's bubbly sensation lingering on my tongue before I grumbled, low enough for my sister to hear. "I can't believe they're making me look as a prize..."

Isabella scoffed, grabbing a flute of champagne from a tray a waitress carried. "I just hope they lose their entire fucking Mafias-" She stopped in her tracks, her emerald green eyes beginning to give me a look I knew too well. Dangerously well. A smirk creeped up to her lips as she walked over to the table and I followed closely behind her, the clinking sound of our heels being silenced by the carpeted floors.

As soon as she reached the table, all eyes landed on her as she slowly walked around it, stopping behind an empty stool. I understand why the sudden attention, my sister is indeed gorgeous, anyone could easily call her a professional seductress. The sound of her voice made me snap back into reality.

"Hello gentlemen." She spoke as she watched her flute of champagne, constantly sharing eye contact with every one of them. Slowly, she sat down on the stool, her red lips slightly parting as she now looked at me. "Mind me joining..?"

"Gorgeous, you would like to play, for- her? I think it'd be better if you played for me, in my bedroom.." Hale asked my sister as he pointed his finger at me but his eyes focused on looking Isabella up and down. My blood began to boil as I heard him, somehow managing to let my burning rage stay well hidden. His tone expressed amusement, and a slight amount of disbelief. I watched Isabella's dead glare fix on him, her jaw visibly clenching.

"I'd rather play for my sister than for a poor disgusting excuse of a Mafia leader." The words spilled out of her lips like pure poison, the corner of her mouth contorting into a small smirk. I heard as Aleksander chuckled, while the other two remained silent and watched as a scowl formed on Hale's face. I couldn't help but feel proud at her words, they reminded me of my mother.