《 17 》

I sighed, finally driving through the main gates to the Díaz manor

I sighed, finally driving through the main gates to the Díaz manor. Looking to the side, I watched as Isabella sat beside me with her head thrown back, wearing her headphones while she also wore Mateo's hoodie, which looked huge on her.

After parking my car, I helped Isabella out of it before turning to the main entrance. As we both walked up the set of stairs, the sound of engines revving behind us was heard due to other vehicles driving up the driveway and going down the side of the mansion, in the garage's direction.

The familiar smell of a paella washed over my senses as soon as I walked in, my arm wrapped around Isabella's waist. I felt that if I let her go, she'd get hurt again- And I didn't plan on letting that happen.

A soft chatter was heard from the kitchen, besides the sound of Isabella's slides and my heels. As we walked through the foyer, I looked back over my shoulder to see Nathan, Denise, Mateo and a few other men enter.

When I noticed Isabella making her way towards the kitchen, I followed closely behind. That one numb look she had in her eyes had a slight glimmer, a sheepish smile pursing her lips. My gaze followed hers, and my expression mimicked hers once I saw.

In the kitchen stood Aurora, veering over the stove which had a whole bunch of casseroles and pots filled with food. The soft and warm smile that rested on her lips while cooking only made this place feel a lot more like home.

After a small moment, she finally turned around, before noticing us standing beside the counter. "Oh mis amores, volvieron!" She happily gasped, walking as fast as her feet could take her over to us.

[Oh my loves, you're back!]

As soon as she reached Isabella, she wrapped her arms around my sister, quickly beginning to kiss her cheeks and forehead. Her smile slightly dropped, causing her to look at me once she noticed one of Isabella's bruises.

"I'll explain later..." I mouthed, before walking over to her and wrapping my arms around her from behind. Her hand reached back to caress my cheek, while the other gently rubbed Isabella's back.

I pulled back from the hug, placing a kiss on both Isabella's and Aurora's foreheads. "I have to go deal with someone..." I grumbled under my breath.

Right as I was about to leave the kitchen, I felt a rather strong grip on my wrist. I looked back at my sister, who gave me a stern look. "Can I come?"

"I think you should stay and eat, then go rest..." I replied, not wanting to tell her I was actually planning to go to the warehouse, to pay my little prisoner a visit. I just gave her a sheepish look as I looked over her shoulder, my eyes landing on the beautiful looking paella Aurora had cooked.

"Alright..." She shrugged, before turning to Aurora. "Now, I'm starving."

A soft smile made it's way to my face as I stood still for a moment, watching as Aurora excitedly grabbed a plate and began to serve some food for her. In the meanwhile, Isabella began to cling onto her from behind, resting her head on top of Aurora's while following her everywhere she went.