《 34 》

Angelo was right

Angelo was right. Another round of drinking wouldn't hurt. "You know what, sure."

He then stepped on the deck and helped me cross. "I'll go fetch those drinks, and hope we get back to the estate still sober." He muttered the last part before he went to the upper deck to get some drinks for the two of us.

I decided to take a look around the main deck which was illuminated by the afternoon sun's golden rays. In the back was a large hot tub and a U-shaped couched with a round firepit in the center. A bit further up towards the front in an enclosed area was a lounge, and dining room. From where I stood I managed to see a set of stairs who I assumed led to the lower deck.

"Here you go," Angelo said as he returned with two bottles of beer in hand and offered one to me. "C'mon, I'll show you the place.

After going over the main deck, my assumptions were confirmed about the lower deck. It had one huge master bedroom and three others, along with a pretty comfortable bathroom. Then, we moved on to the highest deck. It had a round table with chairs in the center and a couch at the end.

We both took a seat beside each other, leaving a considerable space in between.

"So, I assume you have a captain hired to pilot this thing?" I shifted in my seat to turn to Angelo as I asked.

"Yes, I do. But you're looking at the other captain." He smirked. My lips parted when I was about to say something but he simply gazed at me through the corner of his eye while drinking from his bottle of beer. "I have a license, cara."

"That I wasn't expecting, but alright." I shrugged.

An awkward silence fell over us while we just focused on drinking from the glass bottles. My mind went back to the first time I saw Angelo on the Masquerade when I glanced at his eyes. The way the sun reflected on them and gave them a deep honey color was just how that ballroom's dim lights made them seem. Truth is, I loved the way they appeared.

The moment he looked at me I glaced in the opposite way. Through the corner of my eye I watched him narrowing his eyes at me as placed his beer in the small table and pushed his blazer off his shoulders. I crossed a leg over the other as my eyes remained glued on him, spectating his movements as he unbuttoned his grey dress shirt's sleeves' buttons and rolled them up to his elbows, revealing a thin golden chain bracelet, his Rolex and the trail of tattoos that went around his wrist.

He threw one of his arms over the couch, resting it there as he held his beer with the other hand. "What's that you're looking at? Must be intriguing."

Yet my prideful self had to pop by and control my response. "Yeah, you wish. I'm just looking at the sunset so don't get too excited."

He smirked and tilted his head forward, now fully blocking the view to the sunset. "Are you sure about that, cara?"

"Well, was. Since right now you're blocking the view." I grumbled as I tore my gaze away from him and took a sip from my beer.