16

Feng Yue was sitting on the deck, enjoying the cold and crisp white wine and the sea wind in her face, while wondering if she had excessively teased Noah. She wanted him, that much was true, and she could see that he wanted her too. But, she was here for the long game, not just a wham bam thank you ma'am, and then they would go their separate ways, just like what he did to those other poor women. Yes, she did her research and it caused her quite a jealousy with how popular Noah St.Clair was, despite being out of priesthood in just a little under one year. Yet, she knew that none of the women mattered to him, it was just fulfilling his basic needs, and he always declined repeat performance, just like the one slutty heiress who gave him this boat. She wanted to burn this one so much, but she reigned herself. It was not the time yet.

She wanted to be the only one who occupied his thoughts, his mind, and be his partner in every way. She knew she did not have much time, judging by the increased intensity of Feng Xue's telepathy array, asking her where did she go and why did she leave him alone right in the middle of an important mission. Well, she saw an opportunity back then with those two stupid boys, whom she finished good, they're lucky to be alive after she stomped on their hands good and threw them inside the wendigo's nest. Locking herself inside the fridge was an easy feat, and she managed to do that just a few minutes before Noah came. Lowering her body temp to look like she was there for at least a couple hours was a bit tricky, but she did it quite successfully. She could still remember the concern in Noah's eyes about her condition, and how he peeked at her old scar in worry. But he did that to all people who fell victims to monsters or demons, or even humans.

So, she decided that the fastest way to Noah's heart was to become someone indispensable in his job, in his life, in his mind, and in his bed. She could do that. Guys like Noah needed more brain stimulation, and she had to activate his instinct to hunt. Fortunately, she had the perfect setting for that.

She put down the wine flute and took the violin she found inside the room where Noah put her, then she played it, one of her favourites when she was thinking, Tomaso Vitali - Chaconne in G Minor. 

The sweet, sad melody reverberated through the air, like a siren sang the sad love song, and it took a while for Feng Yue to finish, and to realize that Noah was sitting in front of her, looking at her with some kind of strange look in his eyes.

"You play violin?" He asked while sipping the white wine. The view in front of him was a unique one, a half naked, amnesiac woman with a face like an underworld goddess, and wild dark hair blown by the wind, playing a violin like a pro. He did not know how to make a head or tail with that.

"I think so." Feng Yue put the violin in its case and sat beside Noah. "I found the violin inside the room and I thought, hey, I think I'm familiar with that instrument." She smiled and took the wine glass she put on the table before, and lifted her leg and put them under her body.

"Quite a song to play to show that you're familiar with the violin." Noah chuckled as he gestured to her to come closer to him. "Are you cold? I'm sorry I don't have any appropriate clothes for women here. Maybe we should go buy something tomorrow, and that reminds me that this is yours." He gave her a black card. "It's a little sorry from the boys that took you and put you in the fridge. Half million euros. You can buy anything you like tomorrow." He was quite angry with the lesser amount that he expected, but it's better than nothing. She should not have to go hungry or resort to unsavory means of getting money when she had the temporary amnesia. At least he hoped it's temporary.

"Should I assume that you don't have a wife or girlfriend then? Judging as you don't have women's clothes lying around here." She chuckled while accepting the card and put it on the table.

"Seeing as a year ago I was still a Catholic priest, no wife, no girlfriend, and I don't think I will be able to have one, you know, with my line of work. I just don't want to break anyone's heart by dying on the job."