Get out of Jail for Free

First I want to say thank prfctsabby for this idea ^.^

The idea was: I've seen a few people write it where Josh/the rest of the guys end up in jail for a dumb reason and Maya has to bail them out. It's usually cute and funny.

In this story Maya and Josh are married but they both kept their own last names.

Maya's POV

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing, I look next to me but Josh isn't there. I quickly pick the phone up before they hang up. A private number...Weird. I answer and put the phone against my ear, "Hello?" I ask groggily. "Apologises for waking you Mrs. Hart. Your husband, Joshua Matthews was brought in to the police station along with 2 others last night for taking part in a bar fight. They are all being released today and Mr. Matthews has requested that you are the one we contact." The person on the other end of the phone explains. We only have one police station nearby, I get up and start getting ready, "I'll be there soon thank you." I tell her before hanging up. I quickly get ready and walk out the house and lock up before getting in my car. When I walk in the police station I get directed to where Josh is being held, when he looks up and sees me his face brightens. He walks up to me but I slap him making him stumble back. He looked at me surprised, "A bar fight? Really Josh? Why were you even there?" I say, disappointment, anger and hurt clear in my voice. He walked up to the bars to stand in front of me, a red mark forming on his cheek, I felt guilty...but "I was walking by the pub and these two were by the door and I heard them talking about you so I went up to them. Then they..." I see his fists clench up. I look at him, "They what?" I ask, searching his gaze for any clues. "They said you were a slut, a dirty..." he trails off, obviously not wanting to continue. "A dirty what?" I press nervously. "A dirty....prostitute..." he whispers but I hear him. I take a moment to register what he just told me, "Who were they?" I ask and he looks at me sadly. "Austin and Alex." he tells me, Alex is my ex. He cheated on me and when I found out I instantly ended it. Josh was there for me, that's when someday happened which is why Alex always accused me of cheating first. Austin is his twin and he never forgave me for 'cheating' on Alex and then leaving him. "So how did the fight begin?" I ask him. "After they said that and some...other things...I punched Alex for what he said then and for what he had all those years ago to you." he says. "One second." I say before getting the officer on watch to release him. When he's out I hug him, "Next time just walk away please." I say into his chest and he hugs me back, "I can't though. I can't just let them say that about you." he says as he puts his hand on my cheek. I look up to face him, "I just don't want you getting hurt over something so stupid." I say and tighten my grip on his torso. He pulls away, "It's not stupid when someone is disrespecting my wife." he says using his hand to guide my face. He leans down and gently kisses me. I feel his free hand go the lower part of my back and I wrap my arms around his neck. We pull apart a few seconds later, "I honestly thought you had gone there to cheat on me and had gotten drunk." I tell him truthfully. He looks at me, amusement shining in his eyes, "Yee of little faith." he states and I burst out laughing. He puts his arm over my shoulder and we walk out of the police station to head home.

--Thanks for reading. Idk if I like this one, so please let me know what you think and what I could do to improve my writing. Hope you enjoyed and have a great day!--