Miscarriage

This one shot will be very similar to my Markle version btw! ^.^

Maya is currently 10 weeks pregnant, Maya found out 3 weeks ago and told Josh around 3 days later. Maya had seen a lot more blood coming from her (Ya know) than normal but because she doesn't know much about pregnancy she passed it off as normal. Maya is currently in the bathroom waiting for morning sickness and Josh is stood at the doorway keeping an eye on her when...

Josh's POV

I was watching her closely from the doorway because she'd asked for a bit of space. She was stood by the toilet bracing herself for the morning sickness, she did this any day she could and I tried to be there to help her out. Suddenly she doubled over in pain, I rushed to her side and held her against me, "What's wrong Gorgeous?" I asked, holding her up. "M-my s-s-stomach." she whimpered before I noticed blood trailing down her legs. I gasped and she followed my gaze to her legs, I saw her eyes glisten with unshed tears as she looked back up to me. "Come here..." I say as I sit her on the toilet seat before wetting a towel and passing it to her. While she places between her legs to catch the blood I call the ambulance. "My wife is bleeding badly, I think she might be having a miscarriage." I tell them, trying to stay calm, "We'll on our way" they respond and I breath out a sigh of relief before thanking them and hanging up. I kneel infront of Maya, "Is it still bleeding a lot?" I ask her gently and she nods, tears falling down her face now. "Does your stomach still hurt?" She nods again and bites her lip as another wave of pain overtakes her. "Come here.." I say and pick her up, she buries her head in the crook of my neck, her tears falling from her cheeks to my shoulder. I carry her downstairs and sit her on the sofa before getting the keys to unlock the door. Once I've unlocked the door, I walk back over to her before sitting her on my lap. I begin rubbing circles on her back, "Shhh..it's going to be ok..." I say softly and a few moments later the ambulance arrives, two paramedics walk in, carrying a stretcher between them. They place it on the floor infront of us and I carefully lower Maya on it. They carry her into the ambulace, I lock the door before following and climbing in. I sit by Maya's head and place my hand on her cheek and she looks at me, fear sparking in her eyes. I smile at her reassuringly, knowing no words I say will help. A few minutes later we arrive at the hospital and Maya is rushed to an operating room because the blood, is flooding out of her (I apologise now if you are eating). I take a seat in the waiting and start tapping my fingers on the chair nervously. Around an hour and a half of torture later a doctor comes out and walks over to me, she holds her hand out, "Dr. Miranda Bailey." (Anyone? C'mon really guys?) she says and I shake her hand, "Joshua Matthews." she looks like she recognises my name, probably because I'm a patient here myself. "You're Maya Matthews' husband." she says as more of a statement than a question but I nod anyway. "She was having a miscarriage, but you had probably already worked that out hadn't you? Anyways have you noticed lately that she has been bleeding more? Around the past week or so?" she asks. "No..but around a week ago, she stopped letting me in the bathroom when she had morning sickness..." I trail off and she looks at me sadly. "Do you think she realised?" I ask her. She shakes her head in response, "I don't think she realised that it could mean she was going to have a miscarriage. She probably thought it was normal." she informs me and I run my hand through my hair, "Can I see her?" I ask and she nods before leading me to Maya's room. I says thanks to the doctor before walking in to find Maya staring blankly ahead of her. "Hey Gorgeous..." I say quietly and her head moves to face me. A brief smile appears on her face until it disappears. I walk over to her and sit in the chair next to her bed, "How are you?" I ask as I take her hand in mine. I begin rubbing circles along the back of it, "I honestly don't know..." she trails off before sighing. "Scooch over." I say and she moves over, I lay down next to her and wrap my arms around her small, now frail, frame. I pull her close to me and she rests her head on my chest. I feel her shake slightly as she begins to cry but a few minutes I hear a gentle snore. I move slightly before falling asleep.