Blind date

So, this one shot seems to be the preferred choice of everyone? :') xd I hope you like it! By the way this is set 7 years after the end of Girl Meets World. So Maya is 22 and Josh is 25.

Maya's POV

I reached for my phone but Riley held it out of my grasp. "Ooooo what about this guy?" She asks after clicking on someone's profile. I see her eyes go wide and I look at my phone only to see a picture of a dog. "It must be fate! Your picture is of your cat who's a ferret who's a rat!!!" Riley began jumping up and down, obviously bursting with excitement. I took my phone from her, "Ok, I'll go on a date with him." I tell her rolling my eyes. I send him a message and we set a date and place. 

A few days later, at the date

Maya's POV

I walk into Topanga's and look around but don't see anyone so I take a seat on one of the sofas and take my phone out while I wait. I open the dating app before messaging him.

brokeNhART

I'm at Topanga's, where are you?

"Turn around Gorgeous" I hear a familiar voice say. No way. I turn around to see none other than, "Joshua Boing." I say completely in shock. "Maya Penelope Hart." He responds and I send him a quick glare before looking away. I move over and he sits next to me. "So what were you doing on that dating site?" He asks, emphasising on the 'you'. I roll my eyes before answering, "The exact same as you." I state and he opens his mouth to continue but I cut his attempt off, "I'm not a child anymore." I say firmly and he closes his mouth instantly. "I know it won't have been your idea to be on the dating app." He says cautiously, probably anxious for my reaction. I run my hand through my hair before responding, "Riley noticed how bored I get when we were all hanging out. She'd be with Lucas, Farkle and Smackle would be together. Zay would be with a cheerleader whether he admits it or not. It wasn't their fault but I would be on my own when we hung out, they never wanted to leave me out so I'd be third wheeling. So Riley Made me get the dating app in hope I'd find someone to bring along but I never used it. So the other day she took my phone, saw your profile saw the dog picture and convinced me to message you." I explain and he nodded. "Sounds like Riley." He says softly and I nod while smiling. "So what about you?" I ask gently, "You don't seem like the 'dating app' kinda guy" I say with air quotes around, 'dating app'. He chuckles slightly before answering, "I'm not...normally. My girlfriend now ex-girlfriend cheated on me not too long ago. I was down for a while, I missed her but not enough to make me not want to leave my bed. It was the fact that I wasn't good enough for her, you know?" He asks and I nod. "Well, my friend suggested I try the dating app in hope I'd find someone. Maybe take my mind of what happened. Help me move on." He states and I nod in response. "Ok, let's try this..date thing.." I say and turn to face him. "Maya.." He starts and I instantly cut him off, "I'm not a child Joshua Matthews. I go on dates with people. Why not you?" I ask and he looks at me for a moment before nodding, "Ok then." I smile at his response and we begin our date.

After the date

Still Maya's POV

I follow Josh out of Topanga's, "I had a nice time, thank you for making me stay Gorgeous." He says turning to face me and I laugh at his statement. "I had a nice time too Boing." I tell him, smiling. I stop walking and he turns to look at me, obviously confused as to why I stopped. "You know, Boing. There are 6 weeks of the year where we are only 2 years apart." I tease and he shakes his head at me. "Why don't we make a new deal then?" He asks and I raise my eyebrow, waiting for an answer. "Instead of the Someday deal what about the Today deal. We have both matured and the age gap seems a little less..significant right now. I mean you should've seen the math they had me doing." He says and I chuckle at his whining. "So, what is the 'Today deal'?" I ask him and he continues, "52 weeks a year. You and me as a couple?" He asks and I smile before, "Are you asking me out Joshua Boing?" I tease and a slight blush creeps up his cheeks. "M-Maybe..." He stutters and I laugh before answering, "I would love to." A smile instantly appears on his face and he picks me up and spins me around, making me slightly dizzy. "Ok! Put me down!!" I say laughing and he gently places me back on the ground before scratching the back of his neck, "Sorry" I just shake my head, laughing at his excitement while as trying to get rid of the dizziness. "Let's go!!" I say, grabbing his hand and dragging him behind me.

--Thanks for reading guys! ^.^ I'm really struggling on the endings for one shots sorry :') I hope you enjoyed and have a great day!--