Joshaya Meets The New Year

[Never start the New Year
With a lie]

--Hi, so this is a Joshaya version of how Girl Meets The New Year could've gone--

Maya's POV

I looked at the stairs surprised to see the form of the boy who refuses to let me forget the fact he is three years older. I tear my gaze from his form when I hear counting, "3...2...1" I say half-heartedly until I hear those four words, "Riley still loves Lucas." This makes my head snap in Farkle's direction, "I'm sorry guys, but I'm not starting the new year off with a lie...and neither should you." He says before walking away with Smackle. Unsurprisingly everyone else quickly follows. Lucas gives me an apologetic glance before walking over to Riley. I hear him whisper, "We need to talk." to her and she nods before looking at me, his eyes as apologetic as his. I sigh and turn away from them, I hear the door close as they head down the stairs.

No one's POV

A blonde girl climbs up to sit on the wall, her legs dangling on the outside of the building. A tall, brunette, slightly older boy notices this and walks over. "What are you doing?" He asks, nerves and concern evident in his voice. The girl jumps and nearly looses her place on the wall but he reaches out to steady her.

Maya's POV

"Sorry.." He says quietly, I give him an annoyed look and punch him in the chest, "Why would you creep up on me like that?" I ask my voice beginning to rise.

Josh's POV

I hear her voice beginning to rise but I can only concentrate on the fact that one big gust of wind could unbalance her and make her fall backwards. As the image goes through my head I whisper, "No.." before picking her up on off the wall placing her on the ground.

Maya's POV

"What the--" I beginning yelling when he puts me down but he cuts me off, "If one strong gust of wind had hit you, you could've fallen! And..and..I don't know what I would've done.." He begins harshly but then his words become so quiet they are almost inaudible. 

Josh's POV

As my voice quietens down I see her gaze soften, "I'm fine Boing, don't worry I'm not going anyway" She says, her voice softer than I have ever heard. We stand there for a few moments in awkward silence, "So, about what just happened?" I begin and she looks at me, biting her lip..

 We stand there for a few moments in awkward silence, "So, about what just happened?" I begin and she looks at me, biting her lip

"Come on." I say and we sit on the bench, she looks away from me, "Did you know Riley still loved him?" I ask and she nods slightly. "Did you love him? Or even like him?" I ask softly causing her to turn her gaze on me, "What are you trying to say Boing?" she asks.

Maya's POV

He looks at me for a second before answering, "I'm a lot younger than my brothers and my sister." I begin and she just nods, "So I spent a lot of time just watching, I've learnt to become pretty good at observing people." "Anddd???" I ask and he chuckles at my impatience. "What I've observed about you.." He begins and I swear my stomach does a back flip at his words, "Is you're the best friend anyone could ask for." He says and I smile, "Thank you but Riley is the best friend anyone could ask for." I tell him. He sighs before continuing, "Maya, you don't get it do you? What clothes are you wearing? Because they don't look like yours. They look more like something Riley would wear. When was the last time you insulted Lucas? You used to always do it now I hardly ever hear you do it. You and Riley have always been so close, always cared for each other more than anything else, the second she began to care for someone else you had to protect her. And what better way to protect your best friend than loose yourself to become like her. Get to know him like her. Now, I don't know if it's because your father left, because you never felt that love but it gave you the greatest capacity of love I have ever seen." I just sit there quietly, taking everything in. "I was protecting her?" I ask quietly and he nods, "She would do the same for you." I smile, "Of course she would, she stepped back the second she thought I had the smallest of feelings for him even though she loved him." I tell him and he smiles. "You're right Josh, I haven't been me, I've been Riley." I state and he nods, agreeing with me, "And now you realise that, are you back?" he asks and I nod slowly, "I think so..." "And now that you're you?" He asks and I smile, "I don't like Lucas like that." I chuckle softly, "Him and Riley are like relationship goals, me and Lucas don't go together like that." I continue and he smiles, "Why's that?" He asks. "Went out with him once, poured a smoothie over his head." I say and he laughs, "In a cute, romantic way?" I shake my head, "There's a cute, romantic was to do that?" I ask before continuing, "I did it in a he's so nice I wanted to mess him up kinda way. Him and Riley are absolutely perfect for each other." I tell him. "So? Now you know you don't like Lucas, how do you feel after that whole fiasco?" He asks and my smile widens, "Better than before. Thank you Josh." I respond. "Anytime Gorgeous." He says and I smirk as he realises what he just said, "Gorgeous aye?" I tease and he looks flustered, "I-I uh" "It's alright. I like you Josh, it's you I like." I tell him and move my hand slightly only to feel his. Feeling a slight bit of confidence from this I lean towards him and quickly peck him on the lips just as another batch of fireworks go off. (CRINGE ALERT!!!) I pull away blushing slightly and now its my turn to be flustered, "S-Sorry I-I sh-should go." I get up and I'm about to walk away when Josh pulls on my hand gently causing me to fall onto his lap. "Don't be sorry.." He whispers before kissing me. Joshua 'Boing' Matthews is kissing me! I stay there frozen for a few seconds until I begin kissing him back. When we pull away, we're both breathless. I lean my forehead against his, "W-What about th-three years?" I ask nervously. "Three years? What does three years matter in the history of love?" He says quoting me from nearly two years ago. I chuckle softly, "Very funny Boing." I say and he looks at me, "Well get used to it Gorgeous because you aren't getting rid of me anytime soon." I smile at his words and lean my head on his shoulder as I feel his arms wrap around my torso. Farkle was right this time. Boy does that kill me. Never start the New Year with a lie.

--Thanks for reading guys! As you can tell I used Ski Lodge P2 to help and added some little references to other episodes as usual xd. I hope you enjoyed and have a great day!--