New Years Kiss

Happy New Year!!

^Party outfit above^

Was anyone else playing A Nonsense Christmas all December?

No One's POV

"Come on Peaches it's gonna be fun" Riley exclaimed trying to pull her blonde-haired best friend to her apartment. "But there's gonna be lots of people." Maya complains, wrinkling her nose in mock-disgust. "Thats the point Maya, please" Maya sighs before agreeing.

At the party

"You don't think it's too much?" Maya asks, checking her appearance a final time in the mirror. "Peaches." Riley places her hands on Maya's shoulders, "You're hot" A grateful smile appears on Maya's features, "Thank you Riles." "Now go get 'em tiger!"

Maya lets out a sigh and swirls the cup in her hand, sitting on the sofa. "Hey" She glances to the side, catching sight of the unmistakable, "Uncle Boing" Maya smirks, not failing to notice the small smile it earns. "Hey Maya. Where are your friends?" Josh asks, looking around slightly, "Doing coupley things" She responds, checking the time on her phone. 11:50PM. "What about yours?" Maya continues after a moment's silence. "Probably getting drunk at a college party" He chuckles causing her to smile, "Why didn't you go with them? Is Uncle Boing too cool for college parties?" She teases causing him to roll his eyes halfheartedly. Maya cringes slightly as music starts, catching Josh's attention. "Do you want to go up to the roof? It'll be a bit quieter" She nods and he takes her hand, leading her out of the apartment. 

Maya lets out a breath as they step onto the roof, "This is much better" The blonde walks over to the railing taking in the beauty of New York city in the nighttime as the sky is lit up by fireworks. Josh checks the time before joining her. 11:55PM. "It's so beautiful" She whispers, watching another firework be set off while the brunette boy beside her is watching her. "Maya?" She turns to face him at the sound of her name. 10, 9, 8. Josh begins to lean in closer to Maya, searching her eyes for consent. 7, 6, 5. "Can I...kiss you?" 4, 3, 2. "Yes" 1. Josh's lips collide with Maya's as they hear their friends shout happy new year to one another and the sound of fireworks echoes around them. Maya runs a hand through his hair as they pull away, resting their foreheads against each other, "Happy New Year Gorgeous" "Happy New Year Boing" Maya smiles before pulling him into another kiss.

A/N:

This feels so cringe xD but I wanted to write something for the new year. I hope you enjoyed and have a great 2023!

Rose x