Set up

This One Shot is set 3 years after the end of Girl Meets World. So Maya is now 18 years old and Josh is 21 years old. They became very close over the 3 years and their friends and family noticed so they decided to do something about it.

Riley's POV

"So Maya, I maaaayyyy have asked that cute new kid ou--" I begin to say into the phone only to be interrupted by her voice, "What about Lucas?! Did you break up?! Did he hurt you?!" She yells through the phone. "What?! No! I asked him out...for you..." I whisper the last bit but when there's nothing but silence on the other end of the phone I realise she still heard. "M-Maya?" I stutter and hear a sigh, "When is it Riles?" She asks and I smile, my plan is in action. I give my dad a thumbs up and he smiles before getting up and leaving the bay window.

Cory's POV

I knock on the guestroom where Josh was staying for the weekend, "Can I come in Josh?" I ask and he responds quickly, "Yeah Cor." So I walk in. "Soooooooooooooo" I start knowing the effect it'll have. "What did you do Cor?" He asks before standing up. I give him my signature smile.

"Why whatever do you mean dear brother? I would never tell a girl you want to go on a date with her

"Why whatever do you mean dear brother? I would never tell a girl you want to go on a date with her. Especially not without your permission or your wishes to do so." I say, blabbering nervously because even though I didn't exactly do this I am tricking him. Oh well. "You did what?!" He almost yells, clearly annoyed. "Trust me, you will thank me later." I say before walking out, leaving him stood there in shock. I know he'll go. Wait. Didn't tell him when or where. Great. I turn on my heel and walk back into his room. "By the way...

--Getting ready for the date, the next day (I know short notice)--

Maya's POV

I climb in through the Bay Window and sing-song, "Honey I'm hoooome!" and Riley instantly runs in and tackles me to the floor with a hug. "What are we doing to day?" I ask while getting up. "We are getting you ready for your date!" She says excitedly and I whine in response, "I was really hoping you had forgotten about that" and she stares me down. "I. Would. Never. Too. Important. To. Forget." She says, more serious than I have ever seen her. "Ugh." I groan before sitting on her bed and she dives into her wardrobe (Closet) to pick my outfit.

Josh's POV

"Do I have to Cor?" I ask while he looks through my clothes for a shirt for me to wear. "Yes I am sure Josh. Trust me." He says and I sigh before walking over to him. He passes me a shirt, "This one!" He says firmly and I roll my eyes before going to the bathroom and changing my shirt only to walk back into a hug. "Go get her!" He says as I walk out of the room.

No one's POV

A small blonde walks into Topanga's and takes a seat on the sofa against the wall. While she waits for her date to get here she orders a smoothie and begins sipping it when a tall brunette walks in. He looks around before his eyes set on the girl and he walks over. "Boing." She greets him and he smiles at the nickname, "Hi Gorgeous, so what are you doing here?" He asks. She responds, not taking her attention off the smoothie in her hands, "Waiting on my date that Riley set up for me." The brunette raises his eyebrow, "Oh yeah? Well I'm here because Cory set a date up for me." As soon as those words leave his mouth her head bolts up to face him, "No..." She trails off, both realising they had been played. "Josh..We got played.." She continues quietly and Josh bursts out laughing. "What?!" She asks, annoyance clear in her voice. He stops laughing slightly to answer, "Maya Hart got played by Riley Matthews." Maya sends him a glare and he instantly stops. A few seconds later Josh sits down next to Maya and they descend into an awkward silence (As poetic as I get xd). "So." Josh begins, "How's the weather?" He asks, a smirk showing at the corner of his mouth. Maya turns to look at him, her lips curved sightly at the end, "Clear at the mo-wait what's that? A bornado coming your way. (Wow no wonder my parents say I'm crap at jokes)" She responds dryly. "Look Maya, we're on this date now. May as well make the best out of it. What do you say?" Josh asks and you could see a slight hint of hope in his eyes as he awaited the small blondes name, "Ok Boing, what you got?" She asks, turning her whole body to face him. "Well.." He begins and tries to subtly put his hand next to hers. Her eyes flicker to the direction of their hands for a second and the ends of her lips quirk up in a slight smile. 

They talked 3 hours and in those 3 hours Josh slowly intertwined his hand with hers. Something had changed between them. Something had sparked between them, something they had long forgotten. As they were walking out of Topanga's Josh stopped causing Maya to do as well. "What's wrong?" She asks softly as his eyes searched hers for a moment. "Maya. You are one of my closest friends and have been for a few years now. A-As we were talking...I thought I had locked them away years ago but...they came back...Maya...I like you...No. Screw it. I love you Maya." He sends as shock appears on Maya's face. She stays silent for a few moments and her eyes don't focus as though she was looking at something that wasn't there. "D-Do you mean it?" She asks, eventually breaking the uneasy silence, her voice cracks and Josh's eyes cloud with compassion. "Every word." He responds softly and she smiles before jumping on him, catching him off guard. Josh stumbles slightly as she wraps her legs around his torso and arms around his neck. Once he gathers composure he wraps his arms around her waist to help hold her up. "Only took you...what? 7 years? Or was it 8?" She teases pulling her head back to look at him. "Hey! Better let than ever! Though? Right?" He responds, defending himself. She chuckles, "Yeah." Smiling Josh hugs her tighter and she rests her head on his shoulder, not caring about the people staring (PDA Much xd). "Maya?" Josh asks as he places her back down and she mumbles, "Ye?" In response. "Will you be my girlfriend?" He asks nervously. She takes a moment before answering, "I mean..I don't know..." Maya begins laughing when she notices Josh's expression, "I would love to Boing." She responds smiling only to be brought into another hug. "I'm still going to kill your brother and niece." She informs him and he just laughs, "I don't doubt it." But deep down he knows she loves them. Oh how they couldn't wait to get back to the Matthews.

--Thanks for reading! Wow, this chapter felt really long :') What did you think? I found this really boring personally but Idk. Still, I hope you enjoyed and have a great day!--

ALSO!!

Which of these One Shot ideas would you rather read first?

. Insomnia

. Blind date

. No more third wheeling

. Double date

. First date

. Overprotective

. Miscarriage P6