𝟸 | 𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘵𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

She IS the centre of attention

Wherever 12th grader Choi Haeyoon goes, the spotlight follows and it never stopped ever since 7th grade.

The Barbie of Nabi High School. Well, except for the plastic part and that made Haeyoon all the more attractive for everyone in the school. In addition to all the attention and 'love' that she receives from her fellow classmates and juniors, the teachers of the school are very fond of her.

In junior years, being a part of the academic extension program, representing schools in their academic, sporting and arts departments, being a part of the student council since, well, the very start, you can see how Choi Haeyoon plays a big role in the school system.

"Haeyoon."

Turning her head back, the caller could only gasp at her beauty as half of her long black hair rested on her back, while the other half rested on her chest.

"Morning, Soobin." She greets.

Soobin pats the girl lovingly, looking at the girl with much adoration and need. The need to have her beside him. Meet Jeong Soobin, one of the luckier boys.

Soobin stuck with Haeyoon for as long as anyone could remember. No they weren't friends since birth and their parents didn't know each other or anything but being each other's first friends since they entered kindergarten only made all the other boys and girls look at him with envy. If Choi Haeyoon is Nabi High School's Queen, then Jeong Soobin is Nabi High School's King. The two went everywhere together, also possibly because Soobin has developed a liking for the girl.

Haeyoon isn't oblivious but she couldn't help but to only see the boy as a brother at the most. She never decided to bring it up, hoping that he never does.

"Yoonie!!" Her other close friend screams from the other side of the hallway.

Haeyoon could only smile, receiving the second hand embarrassment from her best friend, "You're too energetic for the morning, Yebin."

Yebin only pouted in response, clinging onto Haeyoon's arm for her dear life, "No but honestly!! I missed you so much!!"

"Didn't you just talk to her yesterday?"

"Morning Fullcrap."

"It's Fullsun for your information. Stop clinging onto Haeyoon like that." Donghyuck pulls Yebin away from Haeyoon as she instinctively gives the boy a knowing smirk while he only rolls his eyes, "Morning to you too, Yoon."

"Morning, Hyuck. Renjun and Jeno are late I assume?" Haeyoon looks around their surroundings, not spotting the familiar figures anywhere near them.

"Jeno was playing games all night and so Renjun couldn't sleep. I left first cause I wasn't going to deal with them." Donghyuck shrugs as he pulls his backpack back onto his shoulder since it was falling off due to Yebin's countless escape to be free from his tight hold around her hips.

"Hey, hey, make way."

"Guys make a pathway."

"Wouldn't want to be contaminated by him would you?"

The negative whispers fill the hallway. It's nothing new, it happens every morning. Dressed in a black hoodie with black jeans, black bag, black mask and black boots, Na Jaemin walks into the hallway unconcerned about the comments that were directed about him; he has become habituated from them after all these years, it's only normal that he has become habituated.

Haeyoon recalled the time when she first talked to Jaemin. The two were paired up for a little group starter activity to brainstorm about genetics and inheritance. Long story short, Haeyoon did all the work, Jaemin mostly just social loafing by drawing random animals in his book.

The two were like polar opposites; scratch that, they ARE polar opposites. His eyes are always voided by all happy thoughts. He is colder than ice; if that is even possible. Colder than absolute zero; which is definitely not possible. His good looks did save him the bullying that he would have gotten although occasionally some would still pick a fight with him. The school's loner. Haeyoon never really spoke to him but the fact that he didn't help with the school work didn't give Jaemin a good impression. She was lucky that her partner for the activity wasn't Jaemin.

Choi Haeyoon and Na Jaemin would always get the morning spotlight everyday, both however for different reasons. If Haeyoon is under a bright, white spotlight with smiles and brightness twinkling around her, Jaemin is always under a gloomy white light that only highlights his presence to the people around him as they spout shameful words in his presence.

And although their spotlights are different, the attention that they received never wavered.