𝘣𝘰𝘯𝘶𝘴 𝟸 | 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝟸

You know what, I kinda take back what I said in the last chapter about these bonus chapters not really being a part of the story xD I was going to make this another chapter but then I thought it'll be nice here. Anywho enjoy!!

 Anywho enjoy!!

"Hi Jaemin..." Weakly and with shaking hands, the sweaty and pale woman reached up to hold her newborn baby, her husband staying beside her, holding in his own tears as he admires his newborn son, "He's so beautiful."

"Like you, sweetheart." the husband compliments his wife, "You did so well, bubs..."

The time that I spent with my parents was a blessing. We had our moments of disagreements, frustration and happiness with each other, making our bonds stronger. I could lean on my parents for support anytime I needed and anytime I wanted. My parents both worked and I had my occasional silent days at home. Those were the times when I felt the most lonely but I knew that my parents were working to support me in the future. Unfortunately as well, both my parents didn't have siblings and both my grandparents had passed away long before I could meet them, and so my family only consisted of my mum, dad and me.

I grew up as an introverted boy, and I still am. I still am shy and I would, respectfully, rather spend my precious time alone than spend it with someone else. Occasionally, in the park, at school and in my dance academy, I would make social interaction and make friends but I enjoy spending time with my parents more that I would skip mostly all the group hang outs. Naturally, I let myself be free from the restraints 'betrayal' and 'trust issues' as I quite literally had no one that could do so to me.

Until that day when I happily hopped home from school with a trophy in my hands. I remember grinning down the familiar pathway, the sun smiling bright at me as if congratulating me for my efforts of coming first in a recent dance competition. But as soon as the side view of my house came into my sight, I was confused on the circling light motion on the top of a black car, that reflected the red and blue plastic screen in front of it. I halted my steps, not believing the existence of the officials in front of me, "Are you Na Jaemin?" the policeman asks with a wavering voice.

"W-What's going on?" I felt my throat increasingly become dry at the many possibilities, "Why are you in front of my house? Where are my parents?"

This time an elderly woman, dressed nicely and formally approached us. I recognise her, it was the elderly woman across the street. Whenever we have celebrations or holidays, we would invite her over to our house as all her relatives have passed away, "Jaemin..." She started, "What about we talk inside?"

I will never forget the dropping sound of my heart as it seemed like the whole world became silent when I found out that my parents died because of a reckless behaviour down the street. I remember stomping on the floor, salty tears running down my face, the trophy that was on the coffee table dropping to the floor due to the vibrations of my heavy leg movements. I yelled and screamed and cried and begged for it all to be a dream; a nightmare that is reality itself. I lost the only people I could lean on unexpectedly. The elder woman invited me to stay with her but I couldn't bring myself to leave the house of memories and politely declined her offer. With the inheritance that my parents left me and the money that I earn from my part time job, I have been managing to pay off my necessities to stay alive. From then on, my personality shattered. I developed the typical invisible wall between me and the people around me, well except for Brian because I worked in his cafe. The two people who helped me out the most were Brian and the elderly woman across the street who not only a few weeks after the accident, passed away in her sleep. 'Why is everyone leaving me?' I thought to myself. I thought the wall that I built to protect myself would never fall down and crumble however it proved to be wrong when I grew closer to Haeyoon.

Choi Haeyoon.

Indeed there is something pulling me towards her. Invisible, just like the wall that I put up for myself. It was Haeyoon who taught me how to smile again, it was her who taught me how to protect someone, it was her who taught me that life is better when it's spent with someone else, it was her to taught me how to smile again. Other than my parents, I found someone who made me feel belonged in this cruel world. I am still scared of her and anyone in my life leaving me unexpectedly, just like how my parents left me without a warning, however it was exactly that feeling that made me treasure her even more. I want to protect her and her smile. I want her to feel belonged.

 I want her to feel belonged