𝟸𝟹 | 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘺...

"No way!" Yebin exclaims, her lipstick flying out of her hands in excitement to Haeyoon's story, "You said that to him? You actually said that to him? To his face? That he's beautiful?"

"Stop it. You're attracting a lot of attention right now... You're embarrassing me..." Haeyoon mumbles to her with a fake smile as she watches the other girls get ready for the dance competition.

"Girl! Go get that dic--"

"No." Haeyoon expressionlessly repudiated, "Just no."

"Why though?" Yebin sulks and hugs Haeyoon's arms with her own two, "Hey. Society is changing and sex before marriage is becoming more common so don't be ashamed."

"That's not what I meant." Haeyoon couldn't explain the next few words, "He's just different."

"Well yeah? He's Na Jaemin and no one else is?"

"You know what I mean, Yebin!" Haeyoon pauses, her top teeth biting her bottom lip, her lipstick fading out of existence, "I think he was just caught up in the moment, you know? Like I think, and I hope, that he meant those words but I don't think he means anything more than that."

"You know most people would be blinded by love but you're blinded by stupidity." Yebin shakes her head, disappointed with her best friend's innocence towards the boy's feelings towards her, "I feel sorry for Jaemin."

"Well I feel sorry for Hyuck."

"Wow you really just did that."

"Yes. Yes I did."

"Honestly," Coach Jeong starts off his winning speech with a stable, courageous voice that booms the dance members outside the bus, "I'm just so proud of you all

"Honestly," Coach Jeong starts off his winning speech with a stable, courageous voice that booms the dance members outside the bus, "I'm just so proud of you all. When did you all grow up to be such fine young men and women?"

Some members boo-ed at the anticlimactic speech but soon cheered when the coach turned away due to the proud tears that were spilling down his eyes.

"You did good." Haeyoon looks over to the boy who has his arms held tightly around her waist, pulling her closer as he says his words, "You were amazing out there, bubs."

"Says you." Haeyoon smiles back, her nose scrunching with adoration towards the boy. The prolonged eye contact came to an end when a shutter sound of the camera was heard.

"No jam Jeno is back." Renjun rolls his eyes in annoyance as he sinks the sailing ship of his favourite pair, "You broke their eye contact."

Jeno however is highly satisfied with the photo that came out on his phone, taking a mental note to send it to everyone but the two, "Come on lovebirds. We gotta board the bus."

"Could you um," Jaemin directs his upcoming question towards Jeno, "send that picture to me?"

Jeno smirks, feeling proud of his new close friend starting to break out of his introverted shell, "Depends."

"On what?"

"If you make sure that you'll take care of Haeyoon."

Jaemin smiles at the unexpected request, "What are you her dad?"

Jeno shrugs, "I might as well be honestly"

The ride to the bus was dead silent, the snores and occasional coughs that came from the deep vibrations of the larynx were the only two sounds that really came out from inside the bus. Jaemin, however, woke up earlier than the others. He admires his new lock screen wallpaper; the photo that Jeno took before they boarded the bus. Unconsciously, Jaemin's thumb hovered above where Haeyoon's cheeks were, his smile elongated across his face as he felt his heart beat rising and serotonin reaching across all the parts of his body. He's fallen way deeper than he thought.

The halt of the bus and the ear-raping air horn sound made everyone jolt awake, "That's your payback for laughing and cheering at me when I was crying." Coach Jeong proudly stands at the front of her bus, his arms crossed, chest raised up and a smug smile on his face as he sees the grudge and death stares of the dance team, "Now hurry up, the sun is setting and you guys should really head home. Next week is a party! We're back to one rehearsal a week!!"

The team quickly busied themselves, getting together all their bags and equipment before hopping down the bus. As soon as they reached the familiar school grounds, everyone stretched them limbs out before saying a final 'goodbye' and 'see you later'. Tip-toeing to her best, Haeyoon places a light kiss on Jaemin's cheek, "You did well today." Her hair bounced a bit when she put her heels on the floor, "Go home alright? I'll see you tomorrow."

Jaemin watches the girl who was so close to blending into the crowd. Take notice of the sentence fragment 'so close' because Jaemin stops her from doing so, grabbing on her wrist before enveloping her into a hug with his lips on her forehead, "I should walk you home."

"No." Haeyoon adamantly refuses, "You worked your ass off the last couple of days." She reaches her palms to his cheek, "I should walk you home..."

"The girl walking the boy home? That's a bit weird isn't it?"

"Oh gosh, Jaem just break the stereotype already." Haeyoon chuckles on his chest, "You're really comfortable."

"You're like my personal teddy bear."

"You're like my personal bodyguard."

"You're like my personal happy virus."

"Is this a battle, bubs?"

"Game on Nana."

They enjoyed the way their bodies leaned on each other, basking in the setting sun that painted the sky with its pinky love colour, the cloud reflecting the rays of the orange sun as the envy-like purple colour also dominated the sky with its presence. Yet, the two stayed with each other even though the other dance members complained about the strong public affection and their friends openly taking pictures of the two as if they were the paparazzi. There is one thing that Choi Haeyoon knows for sure, and that is that she loves Na Jaemin.

 There is one thing that Choi Haeyoon knows for sure, and that is that she loves Na Jaemin