𝟼 | 𝘤𝘰-𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴

Nabi High School's dance group is now back and practicing once again for performances

Nabi High School's dance group is now back and practicing once again for performances. While the seniors graduated, some juniors passed the audition and got accepted to the dance group. Coach Jeong, Soobin's father, is the head of the arts department and the teacher in charge of the dance group. Currently, he is deciding on the leaders of the dance group this year, smiling at his final decision.

"Dad." Soobin makes a visit to the arts office.

"Hey son. What do you need? Practice starts in a bit." Coach Jeong answers with a warm fatherly tone while he gathers his files and bag, making his way to the dance room with his son.

"Dad. Am I the dance leader?" Soobin looks at his dad expectedly. He has waited for this day afterall. Soobin loves power and the title would only make him more famous as the dance team is popular, winning state competitions. The dance team is one of the things that Nabi High School is known for, "Please dad. I'm your son."

"Son." Coach Jeong pats his shoulder, "Just because you're my son, doesn't mean I can give you anything. As a father, yes. As a teacher, it's a different story." Coach Jeong is a fair teacher, with a strong, kind and truthful personality.

"But dad! Don't you want your son to look good?" Soobin begs his dad, already feeling that he won't be one of the dance group leaders.

"Jeong Soobin. If you want it, you have to earn it." Coach Jeong doesn't sound fatherly anymore, his rough, deep teacher voice coming out. Soobin hates this side of him. Last time, in a dance assessment at school, their classroom dance teacher had an emergency and Coach Jeong needed to fill in last minute. Judging everyone fairly including his own son, Soobin only got 67%, placing him near the bottom. When they went home, Soobin asked for an explanation, mostly why he couldn't be scored higher to which Coach Jeong only slapped him, discipling him for his selfish actions.

"If you want it, you have to earn it."

That's Coach Jeong's motto in life.

The members of the dance team have already gathered up in the familiar dance room, the new members introducing themselves and making new bonds with the existing members. Jaemin did not partake in any of the welcoming part, only nodding when someone introduces themselves, not even smiling and going back to whatever he was doing on his phone.

"Could you at least introduce yourself?" Haeyoon bravely covers the screen of Jaemin's phone with her palm while her other hand snatches one side of his earphones out, "Plus, no phones during practice."

"But we're not practising yet." Jaemin argues back.

"Well technically practice has started. Coach Jeong just isn't here yet."

Jaemin rolls his eyes at the girl and puts his phone away in his bag sending the girl a raised brow, "Happy?"

Haeyoon sighs hoping to not regret her next words, "You're nice when we're actually dancing. You lead the team well. It doesn't hurt to do the same before and after practice."