𝟷𝟻 | 𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘣𝘪𝘦

Haeyoon has always known about how appreciated her visuals are

Haeyoon has always known about how appreciated her visuals are. Many brand endorsements would frequently come up to Haeyoon in the streets asking if she would be interested in becoming a model, even sometimes an idol. While many people would be thankful with the offer, Haeyoon turned it down straight away as she knew that being in the spotlight wasn't something that she wanted, at least not for her visuals. If she was going to be in the spotlight, it would be something that she has worked hard for, namely dance. At first, Haeyoon hated dancing. She was inflexible, horrible with rhythm and quite frankly, just overall a disgrace to all dancers.

But after becoming friends with Yebin, Jeno, Donghyuck and Renjun in primary school and along with Soobin who she befriended way beforehand, who somehow all had a similar interest in dancing, she took it up as a challenge. With dancing, her body became more ideal to the so-called 'perfect' body and Haeyoon's true, kind personality made it difficult for anyone to hate her.

Her name spread throughout the school as soon as Haeyoon stepped into Nabi High School. In the audition for the school's dance team, Haeyoon also received the highest score for the girls, Soobin and Jaemin tied for the boys. Outside the dance room, Haeyoon excelled in academics and as mentioned before, she is truly adored by the teachers in the school.

Of course, there were many who took a dislike towards the girl however, knowing her popularity, they didn't want to lose the chance of becoming known as well. The effects of puberty; what can they say? In the time that they were juniors, Haeyoon was called the 'Princess of Nabi High School' since the 'Queen' position was already taken by the school's hot senior, Park Jennifer.

No one really knew the origins of who started the 'Princess' nickname for her. Maybe it's because Haeyoon is just the prettiest girl they've ever seen, maybe because she is street and book smart as well, maybe it's because she's amiable, or maybe it's just because it's all of that. But still to many who disliked her, she was, and well is, called the 'Barbie of Nabi High School' arguing that the name is a compliment to the girl but it doesn't take a dumb person to know that the name didn't have a very good connotation.

At first, when Haeyoon's nicknames came about, she didn't pay much thought to it. Yet again, because the nicknames spread quickly, even some of the teachers saw the nickname to be fitting, particularly 'Princess'. Naturally, a heavy but invisible spotlight has been put on Haeyoon and Haeyoon herself found herself changing to please the audience around her.

Physically, it tired her.

Mentally, it broke her.

There has been an uncountable amount of times when Haeyoon would put on fake smiles, aware of the influence that she had on the people around her, especially ever since they became seniors. It worries her and the people who care for her.

Along with Barbie, came smoky hot, dangerously handsome and show-stopping Ken. Jeong Soobin's physique is above average for a high school male and this was noticed for the first time during swimming lessons that they had in lower school. Immediately, the shipping started with Haeyoon and Soobin. Needless to say, Soobin didn't mind it, heck he is happy but Haeyoon is on a way different spectrum.

Like Haeyoon, Soobin is widely adored by his fellow teachers especially those in the arts department as his father works at the school as the dance teacher. Many girls have confessed their liking to Soobin, but he rejected them all for Haeyoon, believing that someday she would return his feelings.

As mentioned beforehand, Donghyuck is the only one in the group who refuses to get involved with Soobin. Truth is that their parents are very good friends. However, even with their parent's love for each other as friends, Donghyuck couldn't help but to have almost a doomlike feeling towards the boy. The first time being that he saw Soobin purposefully laughing at a girl, ripping her confession letter to him just because she apparently isn't 'pretty enough for him' whatever that means. Donghyuck was somewhat intimidated by the boy as when the event occurred, the King sent the confused boy an evil smirk as if saying to him that he is more invincible. I mean, since when did confessions become a competition?

But that's when Na Jaemin properly came into her life. That's when Soobin finally thought of Na Jaemin as a real, genuine competitor.

That day when Haeyoon broke down in front of Jaemin, she didn't leave the school with a heavy mind. Even though Jaemin said that he would spread the incident to the school, something inside Haeyoon told her that Jaemin isn't the type to do that; and she was indeed right. Never once did Haeyoon feel truly uncomfortable with the boy; well except for when they first met. Never once did Haeyoon not enjoy his presence; well again, except for when they first met. And ultimately, never once did she feel a certain emotion towards someone like she felt about Na Jaemin.

And she is so sure.

She is so super-duper, splendidly sure about Na Jaemin.

And that freaked Jeong Soobin out.