𝟺 | (𝘴𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵) 𝘣𝘺𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵

Jaemin simply tucks his phone back into his pocket after reading Brian's message saying that he should accept the dance leader position if he was given a chance, "Tsk

Jaemin simply tucks his phone back into his pocket after reading Brian's message saying that he should accept the dance leader position if he was given a chance, "Tsk. He's only a year older than me yet he's acting so much older."

But even after all the nagging that he receives from the older boy, Brian is not only like a brother to Jaemin but also a parent. After losing his parents around three years ago, Brian was the only one that stood and supported him through his rough journey. Brian would give him food, offer shifts, occasionally help him with school work and give him a little pay raise once in a while. All this because Brian knows how it feels like to live and grow up without a parental figure by your side.

The usual whispers came about as soon as Jaemin made his presence known. Among the voices and gazes that were directed towards him, Jaemin locks eyes with one particular girl.

Choi Haeyoon only frowned when the whispers started, sending a guilty look to the boy. Haeyoon has always been one about honesty and equality but knowing that all her friend groups practically hate Jaemin for no reason at all, she couldn't find the courage to stop the tense atmosphere; bystander effect.

Brian's words rang in Jaemin's head and at that moment, it seemed like Jaemin's curiosity about the girl peaked as he strode over to her.

Haeyoon felt small and dominated with Jaemin's towering height, "W-What are you doing?"

"Do you remember, Brian?" Jaemin asks casually, "Yoon Brian, our dance leader last year."

Haeyoon nods, not knowing where the conversation is going. Infact, Jaemin himself didn't know where this conversation was going, "Did something happen to him?"

"No. Just wanted to know if you still remember him."

Haeyoon nods at him.

"Could you leave now?" Soobin's abrasive tone rings through the hallway and Jaemin smirks at the red faced boy.

"Oh it's you. Why should I listen to you?"

"You're making her feel uncomfortable." Soobin strides over to Haeyoon's side, wrapping an arm around her waist as his thumb caresses her hip.

Haeyoon only looks down and shivers slightly at his touch. Jaemin scoffs at his attitude, "Are you sure that I'm the one that's making her feel uncomfortable?"

Soobin glares at Jaemin, "Don't be so full of yourself, Na Jaemin. You're just a good for nothing orphan with a pretty face and a crap attitude."

Haeyoon stares wide eyed at Soobin's words, glancing over to the now intimidated Jaemin, "Soobin!"

"You want to have a go at me, Jeong Soobin? Don't think I'm scared just because you're the so-called King of this school." Jaemin throws his bag down with much force, the crash only makes the bystanding students back away further.