𝟷𝟸 | 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦...

Usually Jaemin would be nowhere in sight during rest breaks

Usually Jaemin would be nowhere in sight during rest breaks. Well that is to most people.

Currently, the boy laid his head under the shade of the tree near the entrance of the school. It was almost the most secluded but not too secluded place in the school that the students could access. The sweet peaches and vanilla scent made him flutter his eyes open, using his elbows to lift his upper body up at the presence.

"What are you doing here?" Jaemin's wrinkled forehead and slightly opened mouth says it all.

"What do you think I'm doing?" Haeyoon puts her bag down and stretches her limbs from left to right, twisting her upper body, hearing the satisfaction of hearing her vertebrae click, "Are you always here during recess and lunch?"

"Why?"

"Because..."

"Because?"

"I'm going to hang out with you from now on, once in a while." Haeyoon gives then expressionless boy a toothy smile as her hands clasped together.

Jaemin scoffs, feeling his head somewhat throbbing at her puny excuse, "Just go to your friends, Haeyoon."

Haeyoon sulked at his excuse, "Do you hate me?"

"Wha--" Jaemin stops at her forced pout and shimmering eyes, as if tears could fall out at any second. Sighing, he decided to let the girl do whatever she wants, "Do whatever you want."

"You're a good boy, Jaem."

"You know nothing about me."

"That's why I want to get to know you better."

A silence followed the statement, "You shouldn't."

"How come?" Haeyoon bites her lips at a possible answer, one that would hurt her; a lot, "Am I draining to be around with?"

Slightly shocked and alarmed with her unreasonable reason, Jaemin whips his head to meet the girl's eyes, "N-No. I didn't mean it like that."

"Then why...?"

"Because..."

'Because I'm just me and you're Choi Haeyoon.' Jaemin keeps the real reason unspoken, "Then, why do you want to be around me?"

"Because when you held me those times," Haeyoon brings her knees up to her chest, wrapping her two skinny arms around her boney legs, "I felt an emotion that I never once felt before in my life."

"H-Huh?" Jaemin is so lucky that no one else was around because he would definitely be cursed at for having any interaction with the girl, especially a particular boy.

Haeyoon herself let the words slip out of her mouth, not realising what she said until the silence drags on. She quickly slaps her lips, facing away from the boy as she hissed at herself for the self-humiliation that she caused, "S-Sorry."

Jaemin didn't know what to say but decided to shrug it off, "It's alright. It's hard to keep your eyes away from a handsome face like mine." Outside, Jaemin was smiling, inside he could feel his organs about to become wrinkled as his whole body cringed.

Unexpectedly, Haeyoon lets out a subtle splurt of laughter, "Fair enough."

"No

"No."

Jaemin dismissed the girl's many plans to hang out after school.

"How am I supposed to get to know you better if you won't even hang out with me?" Haeyoon complains to the nonchalant boy, watching as his bangs brushes his eyelids. One arm acting as a pillow while the other rests on his stomach; Na Jaemin was practically doing nothing yet Haeyoon couldn't take her eyes off him. Haeyoon awes at his features, never realising how handsome the boy actually is, "Why do you have a bad relationship with Soobin?"

To be honest, Jaemin himself didn't really know. He has once thought about it but he couldn't come up with a moral conclusion, "Honestly, I'm not too sure."

"You guys met at kindergarten right? Have you always had this relationship with him?"

Jaemin shook his head, "It kind of started around primary school where I would constantly tell him that I would rather be alone than with other people. I guess he took it as me being self-absorbed and cocky with myself for not hanging out with the now King of the school." Haeyoon hums to his response, not understanding why Soobin didn't have a proper reason to hate the boy, "Can I ask you a question?"

Haeyoon smiles, feeling ready to strike a conversation with him, "Shoot."

"That day when you cried in front of me in the dance room," Jaemin opens his eyes, facing the now timid girl whose eyes explored the surroundings around them, "when I called you sweeth--"

"Wait um..." Haeyoon quickly stops his words, defensively rubbing her hands together.

"Take your time." Jaemin reaches over to hold the girl's hands, sliding his between her two hands, "Does anyone else know?"

There was that feeling again, Haeyoon thought. The particular feeling scared her but it made her feel secure. Wanting to feel it even more, Haeyoon crawls to Jaemin and lunges herself to hug the boy, her arms circling his neck as she rests her chin on his shoulder.

Jaemin didn't expect the action, but managed to balance his upper body with his two hands on either side of his body, "Haeyoon?" Haeyoon didn't answer Jaemin's call, her sniffles and gulps forbidding her to do so, "Talk to me, Yoonie." Silence... "I'm here for you."

"Really?" her broken voice made Jaemin sigh in relief.

"Mhm..."

"Promise me that you'll always be there for me." Jaemin could hear the vulnerability of her voice, "I'm scared, Jaemin."

"I'm here. I'll be here for you, I promise." He lifts a hand from the ground, making sure his hands are dirt free before stroking and petting Haeyoon's long silky hair in a comforting manner, "Tell me if you want to and whenever you're ready."

200+ reads!! Thank you ♥️

I want a Jaemin too 🥺😭

from_izzy