𝟹𝟸 | 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦

About two hours away from Seoul is a teenager who has finally arrived in his new home; well his new but very familiar home

About two hours away from Seoul is a teenager who has finally arrived in his new home; well his new but very familiar home. The ride to Jeonju was both mediating and exhausting even though he took occasional breaks, taking off his helmet and stretching his limbs out to feel the air around him. Jaemin greeted the new environment with a fake but believable smile. He, along with the workers, moved in his boxes together into his new flat, putting each box in their to be designated rooms. Once finished, Jaemin respectfully thanks them for their work and slouches on the still plastic covered couch to take a meditating breath to himself.

Jaemin lets the oak-aroma and dry air fill in his lungs, already missing Seoul and the people who lived there. In terms of school, he wasn't sure what to do except go to the nearest high school, apply and quickly start studying again as their final exams were close. Sure he didn't have the best-wow-so-sexy grades, but he still tried in school, earning him occasional awards and achievements even though his presence is an outcast at Nabi High.

Back in Seoul, Haeyoon tried her best to pick herself back up, Yebin and the boys helping her on the way. Home did not get any better for her and school couldn't feel as lonely and empty as ever. But even though life isn't the brightest for Haeyoon at the moment, she believes that it will someday get better.

"Come on," Jeno nudges the cold tea drink to her shoulder, "take a break. I know exams start tomorrow but you need to take a break too." Haeyoon lets out a small smile, mouthing a thanks to the boy. The group gathered together in the library for any last minute cramming and final questions that they could help each other with. Haeyoon scans the big table, their practice questions all over the place, books spread and worn out by the countless flipping that they have done the past few weeks.

Yebin lets out a groan of distress, pouting to her boyfriend by her side, "I just want exams to be over."

"We haven't even started yet." Renjun chuckles at her.

"It's alright, baby." Donghyuck places a kiss on his girlfriend's forehead, "We'll get through it."

"You've become all sappy and romantic." Haeyoon remarks, her nose scrunching up in a cringe but happiness for the couple. Yebin sticks her tongue out at the girl before refreshingly opening her books to start her third block of twenty-five minutes.

In case no one noticed, their group started off as a six with Soobin. The number made it easy for them to split into two or threes, as no one could be left out, especially in twos. When Soobin left, it felt like a miracle that someone else had come to the group to keep the group as an even number. Though the group did not only stick with one 'partner', ever since Yebin and Donghyuck became a couple, there is a distinct pair formed within the group. With Jeno and Renjun hanging out together more, Haeyoon couldn't help but feel jealous, lonely and heartbroken. She is truly happy for her friends, she really is but she couldn't help the feeling but wanting to feel more care and love in her life.

"I need you back, Nana..." Haeyoon kept her mentality strong, especially during exam period and in a quiet place like the library, "It's selfish but I need your comfort and love back in my life..." Putting on a confident face has never been so hard for her but when she thought about it, she was only able to do so because of Jaemin.

As the snow started to fall harder in Seoul, the pain in Haeyoon's heart started to lessen bit by bit and she went on with her daily life smiling more genuinely. Needless to say, she still missed the boy more than ever. With Brian's recommendation, she decided to take up the job at his cafe, taking Jaemin's usual position by being a barista and cashier. The cold weather reminded her of the time Jaemin first held her hand and lent her jacket, her face going red even though the temperature was below zero at night. Haeyoon hugs Jaemin's jacket around her body tighter, breathing out the white cloud from her mouth, "Gosh..." she chuckles to herself, "wearing this jacket makes me miss him even more."

Over in Jeonju, Jaemin brushes his hands along the somewhat coarse synthetic small Christmas tree, taking in deep breaths as he waits for the New Year to come soon. In the time that he spent without the group, Jaemin thought it would get better; that he would be able to live without them, and especially without Haeyoon. He foolishly realised that love was an easy game but when he was busy trying to catch up to all the school work whilst balancing his new job with a jerk-ful manager, Jaemin found that he was able to instantly calm down whenever he viewed the people on his home screen. He couldn't suffer anymore and regardless of whether they missed him, Jaemin knows that he needs to go back. He needs to go back and at least try to fix everything again. That is his New Year's resolution.

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!! 🎉 LET 2022 BE A BETTER YEAR FOR ALL OF US!! LOVE YOU ALL!!

from_izzy