𝟹 | 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵𝘺 𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘬𝘦𝘳𝘴

As cold as it may be, the salty beads endlessly flow down the boy's body

As cold as it may be, the salty beads endlessly flow down the boy's body. Jaemin wiggles around his bed, finding a comfortable position to continue his nightmare. His heavy and rough exhales and inhales only intensified as time went on. The next thing he knew, Jaemin jolted up from his sleep, his hair a wet mess and his grey shirt looking even darker with the sweat patches.

Jaemin continued panting for a little more as he recalled his dream of what happened that day, "It's only 5:19?" Jaemin hisses at the early morning, hoping that he would have to get ready for school already. Time went painfully slow for the orphan boy. Jaemin reaches for the cold water on his bedside table, taking a refreshing break from his thoughts. He changes out of his damp to a newly freshened one, "I keep waking up earlier and earlier every day. Should I just get another job?" With no relatives whatsoever as his parents were an only child and his grandparents already passed away, Jaemin has been working ever since he could to make a living for himself.

The inheritance that he received from his parents and grandparents were more than enough to get him through until quite possibly until he graduates university but Jaemin grew up too quickly. His lack of social identity only made the boy more outcasted and his presence on stage when he dances only makes him seem all the more intimidating. However, Jaemin could care less. This made him prone to drama and fights in the school, his year group thinking that he would be an easy target, but no, Jaemin would not back down. Jaemin is not a coward.

Flinging a jacket near the front door of his house along with his phone, keys and wallet, Jaemin makes his way down to the morning coffee shop, buying his daily energy drink. He smiles at the manager, "Good morning, Brian." Jaemin greets the lone boy.

"Morning Jaem. You still up for the extra shift tonight?" Brian asks as he continues to unstack the chairs.

Jaemin helps him, "Yes. Do you mind if I make some coffee?"

"Go for it! How is school these days? Senior year is hard ain't it? Been there, done that." Brian cringes at his high school days, remembering the time when he would stay up to finish his assignments due to his heavy episodes of procrastination.

"Good, I guess. It's hard for sure but whatever." Jaemin is a good student. He didn't necessarily particularly excel in anything but he is an all rounder for all his subjects.

"Any girls? Or any partners?" Brian wriggles his eyebrows, giving a brotherly hug to the boy and whispers into his ear, "Tell me the truth. Your handsome face must've gotten you somewhere."

Jaemin rolls his eyes as he ducks down and brings Brian's arm back to his side, "All the girls in my school are only thirsty for attention and dick. You know that I'm not into that."

"Hmm? Even Choi Haeyoon?" Brian thought back to the school's Queen, "She's the only good girl out of all those thirsty attention seekers."

Jaemin scoffs, "She's most probably the worst of them all. You've only seen a part of her because you were the school's dance captain and she was one of the best."

"She IS one of the best, Jaem." Brian corrects him, "You'll probably be co-leaders with her this year."

"And what makes you think I would even accept the position? The fact that I'll have to work with someone disgusts me."

"Working with Choi Haeyoon disgusts you? I wonder how the young Jaemin would react to those words?" Brian pouts dramatically and faints to the floor, "You like her, Jaemin. The girl who you convince yourself to be a thirsty attention seeker."

"Like? I only said once that I understood why the boys are all over her. She's just good." Jaemjn shrugs, "That's all she has. Plus, I wouldn't be satisfied with someone spoilt like her."

"Don't assume, Jaem." Brian gives Jaemin a soft smile, recalling the time when Haeyoon cried alone in the practice room after one of their sessions, "You shouldn't talk bad about others. We're always going through something."

"...right." Jaemin bites his tongue, mentally cursing himself for being ignorant, "I should go prepare for school. See you tonight."

Brian waves at the boy, wishing him a 'good luck for any upcoming school activities' before sighing to himself, "Hope she's doing well."

"