𝟸𝟽 | 𝘥𝘪𝘷𝘶𝘭𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦

"It's not good to lie, Jaem

"It's not good to lie, Jaem..." Haeyoon breathed out shakily, her breath hitting Jaemin's neck as he came closer to her. Jaemin lets his arms down from the wall and encircles them around Haeyoon's waist, his hands clasping together to keep the girl from running away.

"I wouldn't do that to you. You know that." Jaemin stares lovingly into her doe orbs. The additional layer in her eyes made him frown, his heart feeling uneasy all of the sudden, "Why do you look so distraught?"

Haeyoon looks straight down to face his broad chest instead. She couldn't form a sentence in her head, heck she couldn't even let a sound out of her wavering lips. Jaemin couldn't understand Haeyoon at this point and it felt like he got rejected by the girl that he thought would accept his confession. Maybe he let himself get too far ahead. Maybe all those smiles and affectionate acts that she did is something that she does to everyone. Jaemin swallows the lump in his throat, feeling the heat and embarrassment creeping up to his face. Slowly, he unclasped his hands from behind her back and took small steps back from her. It hurt Jaemin that Haeyoon didn't even try to reach out for his hand or to at least look him in the eyes. To save both of them from the awkwardness that lingers in the air, Jaemin lets out a quick apology and scrambles out of the classroom to take a quick break from the suffocating atmosphere before the morning bell rings.

Just when Jaemin thought he could be free for a little while, Soobin leaned against the outside of the classroom wall, his hands in his pant's pockets while one leg rested on the wall. Seeing that Soobin wasn't even looking at him or outwardly acknowledging his presence, Jaemin ignored him and continued to run far away from the classroom. Soobin scoffs at the obviously distressed boy, his palms clenching as he heard his confession earlier on. But it wasn't the fact that Jaemin confessed to Haeyoon that made him tense, yet it was what happened a few days ago in the prison's visiting cell.

Soobin hoped that Haeyoon was still inside the visiting area. He didn't specifically know why he was here, other than the fact that he obviously couldn't get over the girl even after she rejected him multiple times. Could you really blame him though? They were together for so long only to act like strangers now. It just proved how time doesn't really define the strength of a bond.

The guards smiled at him, walking over to give him a hug and a pat on the shoulder, "It's been a while since I've seen you boy." Indeed it has. When Haeyoon's parents were first admitted to prison, Soobin would accompany her inside the visiting room, giving her company but as time went on, she informed him that she wanted to go alone which Soobin completely understood, "Haeyoon is still in the visiting room. I'll walk you there."

Soobin analysed the grey hallway, depressing and dull as the metal doors kept in the rooms soundproof and confidential to make sure that nothing divulgent occurs. The guard stops at a door and Soobin bows to him to show his gratitude for escorting him to the room. He took a deep breath before pulling the doorknob down, the gush of chilly wind inside, hitting his arm. It was then that he heard a glimpse of their conversation, "W-What'd you say?" Haeyoon's wavering voice hit him in the heart and his whole body froze.

"It's true!" a familiar older female exclaimed, "We managed to find the son of the couple, Haeyoon! We thought that maybe you'll be able to forgive us faster if we give him a visit or something? You know, to make amends---"

"N-No I-I meant..." Soobin could hear how Haeyoon was gasping for oxygen and he could see how defeated her body looked like as she slumped down on the chair, "W-What's the boy's name again?"

"His name is Na Jaemin. We begged the officers to tell us this information---Wait Haeyoon! Come back!" Soobin felt the jolt of the doorknob being pulled away from him and now he is faced with a shaky Haeyoon.

"Soobin?"

It sparked something in him, the way that her big eyes looked at him with defeat. Soobin grabs her wrist in one hand, the other one pulling the doorknob to close the door shut. Once the click of the door was heard, Soobin strokes the back of her head, up and down a few times until he rests his hand on her nape, "I-I came in to check on you."

Even though the two didn't end things off on a good note, Haeyoon is thankful that Soobin was there in the moment. She pathetically needed someone to cry on, to catch her tears, to tell her that everything was a dream. Yet Soobin's hushing and light humming opened her mind to the reality around her once again. Haeyoon lets out pained shrieks and muffled screams, her small fist hitting Soobin's chest weakly. Those actions fueled his anger towards Jaemin, his mind thinking of ways to end him.

 Those actions fueled his anger towards Jaemin, his mind thinking of ways to end him

So I do have a next story in mind but I think it'll be better suited for Jisung. Then again, I think Jaemin also works. Which one would you guys think??

Also please keep commenting and voting on my stories 😊 Makes my day when I refresh the page and find these new updates, especially comments as I get to interact with you all!!

from_izzy