19

"Is that... Luo Qingyang? Mo Xuanyu's classmate?" Lan Wangji looked at the grainy security feed with a frown on his face.

"You may know her as Luo Qingyang or Mianmian, but she is a bartender at Purgatory, with a previous experience from Crimson Butterfly, called Jun Ruoxi. I wonder who she is exactly, or maybe she still has other names that we didn't know about." Wei Wuxian put the command for facial recog program and to search worldwide for Luo Qingyang or Jun Ruoxi's face. "And if we throw crazy ideas here, her body shape, height, and lips shape are almost identical to the woman with the black mask in Kingpin's whorehouse. If she was her then all the puzzles fit. She's the go to person between Meng Yao, Qi Rong and Kingpin. That means, she is an important player."

"We should follow her either way, we need to know who's really behind the nanites theft. If it's Kingpin, well, better the enemy that you know."

They moved together in sync among the crowded mall to follow Mianmian, who moved like she was not in a hurry, stopping by here and there to window shop. But Wei Wuxian knew better. She checked the reflection on the windows to make sure that no one's following her.

"Oh, she's good, she's trained as a spy too, but I'm better of course." She grinned and activated her spy feature, which hacked into the nearest wifi tower and scanned all the security feeds within ten klicks, so they did not have to scramble around following Mianmian. She then got into the parking lot and entered a Honda Prius, which was driven by someone.

"Ooh, and the plot thickens," Wei Wuxian checked the parking lot camera, "there was an old friend there who picked her up, the one who killed Mo Xuanyu." She accessed the particular camera on her phone and showed it to Lan Wangji.

"Meng Airan. Now we only need Meng Yao to complete the trifecta."

"And I think they go to their villain's lair. Wanna go and play 'follow the villain'?" She hugged Lan Wangji's waist and kissed his neck.

"Well, since you asked nicely..." Lan Wangji turned his face to Wei Wuxian and kissed her passionately.

"God, how can you taste so good, Lan Zhan, wish we're not in the middle of sleuthing here, I could just ravish you right now." Wei Wuxian was half moaning from the kiss, and Lan Wangji held her tighter and deepened his kiss. "We should probably stop right now if we want to 'follow the villain', otherwise we will lose them." She regretfully let him go and focused on hacking the Prius to know where their destination was. She quickly gained full control of the Prius, and she accessed the GPS system to find out their whereabouts, and she transferred all the datas to her phone.

"Let's see the whereabouts of our old friends, maybe it will lead us to something." Wei Wuxian cross checked the address with Maps and Lan Wangji noticed the familiarity of one address which popped out more than once in the GPS.

"That one." He pointed at the address. "That address was only a block away from the building which Sebastian mentioned."

"The high-tech cult one?" Wei Wuxian zoomed into the maps. "Well, that address is for the private parking building, and it sure is one hell of a coincidence, don't you think, babe?"

"Where are they going now?"

"Hmm, they moved to the opposite side of the city, toward the warehouse district. Let's follow them first before we go to the cult's building."

"I'll alert He Xuan to keep an eye on the spy. You should start driving now."

"Aye aye, Captain, let's go for a ride. I have a feeling that this will be a fun trip."

Feng Yue was sipping her caffe latte outside the most popular cafe where the young and the rich hang out. On the floor near her brand new black spiked Louboutin ankle boots were a mountain of paper bags from high-end fashion boutiques, and she wore a short flowy dress and a matte black mini bag, all from Gucci. She added sunglasses and a sun hat to give off the young and rich socialite vibe. But the most eye-catching thing that she put on a display in front of the cafe was the newest Lamborghini Aventador Roadster that she just bought, and it was in golden color.