Chapter 7: 1-7

Scott and Stiles are inside the high school. Seeing that the Alpha may or may not have killed Derek, the boys now turn their attention to staying alive.

"You better survive this" Allison muttered, "I hope we do" Scott muttered back.

Stiles tells Scott that he is now convinced that the veterinarian, Dr. Deaton, is The Alpha due to the fact that he disappeared from Derek's car moments before the werewolf showed up.

"Now that I hear the logic from myself, it does point to that" Stiles said looking at Deaton who silently watched the episode. "I don't know" Lydia whispered, "There seems to be more to this than that". Stiles looked at the girl sitting right beside him, "Why are you whispering?" he asked to which Lydia shrugged with a frown on her face.

From one of the classrooms they see that Stiles' Jeep has been damaged. A battery is thrown through the window making it clear the vehicle is disabled.

"Okay why must we damage the innocent here!?" Stiles groaned. Claudia looked at her son then at the screen, "Is that the same jeep you bought for me?" seeing her husband nod, she looked back at her son who was scowling and smiled to herself.

They hide in the locker room because it has fewest windows. Hearing footsteps they both hide in lockers but are found by a janitor who tries to throw them out. The janitor is instead killed by The Alpha.

"That was....god I don't know what to say" Allison said as she looked at the screen. Scott looked at her before taking her in his and gave it a comforting squeeze, one which she returned.

Allison gets a message from Scott to meet him at the high school. Allison arrives with Jackson and Lydia in tow. Lydia watches as Jackson, who has been snappish with her throughout the night, shares a moment of care with Allison, urging her to be careful as she walks into the building by herself.

"I did not send that to Allison. I'm not stupid" Scott says when someone coughs out the words 'debatable' in the background. Lydia looked from the screen to Jackson who was looking at her. He gave her a glare before looking away.

Stiles uses his key ring as a diversion to lure the werewolf into a room with a heavy metal door. He slams it shut and the boys shove a desk against it to keep it closed. They think the beast is trapped and Stiles can't help but taunt The Alpha. The werewolf then breaks through the flimsy suspended ceiling tiles and exits the room through the crawl space.

"Taunting the beast? Really? I mean seriously!" Peter exclaimed, rubbing his face. "How would I have known that the thing would escape like!?" Stiles complained. "Regardless of that little fact, you do not taunt a wild beast!" it was Noah who had shouted this time. Stiles blinked before looking away with a scowl on his face.

Jackson notices the damage to Stiles' Jeep and decides to take a closer look. Lydia insists that she is not staying in the car by herself and follows. They decide to enter the school to find Allison but once inside Lydia decides she has to pee and heads off to the restroom. While Lydia is away, Jackson sees a shadowy figure at the end of the hall. He thinks its Scott but then sees The Alpha.

"You know, now is not the time to pee" Stiles looked at Lydia who gave him a dirty look, "Well excuse me for having bladder functions" she scowled.

In another part of the school, Scott hears Allison's cell phone and uses Stiles' phone to call her. They find each other in the lobby, find out the text luring her there was not sent by Scott and are quickly joined by Jackson and Lydia. They begin to leave but hear something walking along the ceiling crawlspace and run. It's The Alpha but Allison, Jackson and Lydia don't know that. They regroup in another classroom. They press Scott for answers but he lies and blames all the recent killings and the night's violence on Derek.