Chapter 44: 3-17

"I'm sure that it can be explained and you are not the one sending people out to kill" Noah said and put a hand on his son's shoulder. Stiles frowned, he disagreed but said nothing as the next episode started.

Chris Argent tells a story from when he was 18.

"oooh story time" Laura said excitedly.

Gerard had sent Young Chris Argent to do an arms deal without telling him that the customers were Yakuza, Japanese organized crime syndicate.

"He even dealt with the Yakuza? Man he keeps going down my like list" Stiles mumbled.

In the middle of the deal, a group of Oni attacked the Yakuza leader (the kumichō). They cut down all of his men who tried to protect him eventually impaling him on their Ninjatō (straight swords). Chris survived and saved the life of a man called Silverfinger by shooting one of the Oni directly in the face, shattering its mask and revealing that there was nothing but darkness behind its "face." He believes Silverfinger, who got his name from the silver prosthetic pinkie he wears, will be able to tell them about the warriors.

"What the hell are these things and how do we kill something that had nothing but darkness" Scott asked, a bit scared. No one had any answer to that so no one spoke.

Scott takes Kira home on his bike. She asks him if all his friends are werewolves then asks to see his werewolf face. He obliges and she touches the enhanced ridges of his forehead, his cheek, and his lips. Later, as Scott is riding his dirt bike to school, the twins Ethan and Aiden ride up and flank him. Scott races ahead but the twins easily keep up. Once they get to school the twins explain that they are planning to stick by Scott all day and all night to protect him from the "Demonic Ninjas." Scott suspects their interest in him has more to do with wanting to join his pack than a genuine desire to keep him safe.

"It works both ways buddy" Peter smirked.

He asks for some privacy while he brings Stiles up to speed on the events of the night before. He warns the twins not to listen in with "wolf hearing" implying that his status as a "True Alpha" gives him powers of which the twins are unaware. He seems to be making this up. In the Chemistry classroom, Stiles is alarmed to find that the writing on the chalkboard is gone as is the extra key from his ring.

"The key can't just be gone! And by my face I can say that it wasn't me who moved it" Stiles said tensely.

He confesses to Scott that he believes he allowed William Barrow into the Chemistry closet and then wrote a message to the killer on the chalkboard. Stiles has found an old story about Barrow's attack on the school bus. The killer apparently packed nuts, bolts, and screws along with the bomb in a box wrapped as a birthday present. Stiles sees a similarity between this and the prank he and Scott pulled on Coach Finstock on Mischief Night. Stiles says it was his idea to do the box thing. Scott says he doesn't believe that Stiles is trying to kill people. Scott says Stiles looks tired and needs to take a sick day.

"I believe it's just a coincidence and yes you do need sleep" Noah said the last bit with a worried look at the screen.

Scott rejoins the twins and speculates that he may not be the Oni's target. He looks to Kira down the hallway. Katashi is now a paranoid recluse but Chris has a rare weapon, a French flintlock turn-over pistol from 1645, which Katashi will want to buy. He plans to use it as a distraction to get to the paranoid Yakuza to talk. Talking on the phone as he walks through the Sheriff's Station, Agent McCall says he's just a week or two away from a formal review of the evidence against Sheriff Stilinski. He says he has enough to make sure the Sheriff can't get hired at any level of government. When he opens his laptop, a security warning pops up – when Scott and Kira broke into his office to erase her phone they triggered some sort of automatic webcam leaving a snapshot of them on the screen.