Chapter 54: 4-2

"So Stiles huh?" Allison asks as soon as the door closes behind them. "What about him?" Lydia asked with a raised eyebrow. "I saw the looks you were throwing him. And how uncomfortable you got when he and Malia shared moments" Allison said with a smile. Lydia blinked before folding her arms, "I don't know what you are talking about" she mumbled. "No use hiding it Lydia. I know you are starting to fall for him, if not already falling him" Allison poked her on the arm. Lydia sighed and slapped her hand away, "I admit that I am feeling 'something' for Stiles. But I don't know what I'm feeling. He is different from Jackson. He cares about my emotions, Jackson almost never did that" she said. Allison smiled a little wider and patted her shoulder, "Jackson is an ass. Stiles isn't". Lydia nodded, "I know. Let's go back for now and not talk about this" she said with a light glare at a giggling Allison. The two came back and took their respective seats choosing not to talk about what the two of them discussed.

~Flashback~

Under a full moon, a basketball game is getting underway inside the Beacon Hills High School Gym. Young Peter Hale walks into the locker room to find his nephew, 15 year old Derek Hale, in the midst of wolfing out under a running shower. Peter chastises him for risking the game during the full moon. Derek says he thought he could control the transformation but Peter says even "born werewolves" have to learn control on the full moon. Derek is angry saying it was supposed to be easier for them and wondering why it hurts so much. Peter asks if Derek brought "it" but the boy says "it" isn't working. Peter insists and Derek removes a metal disk from his pocket. It bears the triple spiral triskelion symbol. Derek holds it in both hands and chants "Alpha, Beta, Omega" over and over. His transformation continues and he screams in pain.

~End Flashback~

"I can't believe you taught him like that!?" Talia groaned/growled. "You perfectly know how I was taught when you handed him to me. You think I would try a different approach?" Peter raised an eyebrow. "I had hoped you would be a bit more open to other methods" Talia said. "Well sadly you hoped wrong" Peter said cooly.

At a rainy gas station a car is parked with its driver's side door open. The attendant hears growling noises coming from the station's only public restroom around the side of the building. He knocks and inside we see Kate Argent struggling with a transformation. She calls out to him but then her words devolve into guttural growls again. Thinking she is on drugs, he uses his key to open the door and enter. Kate, full transformed now, attacks him in a frenzy.

"Well she got much more dangerous and out of control now" Stiles said flatly.

It's raining as Scott McCall, Stiles Stilinski, and Lydia Martin bring the newly regressed and still unconscious Derek to the Animal Clinic. Dr. Deaton is baffled by his condition. He suggests they leave him there until he wakes up. Deaton says the other teens should go home and get some sleep since it is a "school night." Sleeping Derek is grasping Lydia's hand tightly and she volunteers to stay saying her grades are fine. Stiles is reluctant to leave but Scott forces him to go.

"Worried about your girl?" Laura smirked. Stiles spluttered his reply while Malia growled at Laura. "Possessive" Laura whistled with a smirk. Lydia looked at Malia and bit her cheeks a little.

Scott returns home to find the furniture in the dining area has been removed. A metal bowl is catching drops from a steady leak in the roof and there are signs of minor construction. Scott notices his father is sleeping on the couch and, while watching him, trips over a tool box. Agent McCall says he's just getting started on the list of repairs "you guys" need done. He asks the time. The clock says 4:05 but Scott lies and says it is midnight. His dad reminds him that they had a deal to have dinner on nights when Melissa works the night shift. Scott lies again and says he forgot, explaining that after they got back from the "camping trip" he had to go straight to the Animal Clinic to finish up some work.