Chapter 59: 4-7

A small plastic quarantine tent sits within in a larger tented laboratory. The small tent is surrounded by a circle of powdered Mountain Ash. There is growling coming from within.

"I wonder what that could be" Laura rolled her eyes.

A lab coated man enters, sits at a work table, and begins making notations. He drinks tea while inside the smaller tent a werewolf, oozing black goo from his eyes and mouth, reaches out feebly with a clawed hand. The man presses play on a cassette player. The voice on the tape says: "After entering the IP address you will be connected through a dark net portal to an untraceable bank. Once logged in enter your account number to receive wire transfers. The IP address will deactivate..." The voice continues on a boom box in Scott McCall's bedroom: "...with each transfer. You will be assigned a new transfer if you choose to continue down the list. Remember, visual confirmation is always required for payment. "

"Well this is bad news" Allison frowned. "Was that lab coat wearing dude another assassin and was he the reason for all that black goo?" Theo narrowed his eyes.

Stiles presses stop on the boom box tape player. He and Scott admit they don't understand what the voice was talking about because they've never had enough money to require a wire transfer. Scott also doesn't understand The Benefactor's motivation for using all the Hale's money to kill him and the other Beacon Hills supernaturals. Scott picks up the money and begins to stow it under the bed. Stiles wants to know what Scott plans to do with the half million dollars.

"He will return the money like he should" Peter scowled at Stiles.

Scott wants to give it back to Derek Hale but Stiles is hesitant to give the money back. He reminds Scott that the money also belongs to "homicidal killer" Peter Hale.

"Okay that doesn't make it okay for you dweebs to keep my money!" Peter growled.

They are interrupted by Malia Tate before they can finish their discussion of what to do with the money. She explains that she and Derek found Satomi's pack and they're dead. Derek arrives at Beacon Hills Hospital carrying Braeden. He announces to Melissa McCall that Braeden's been shot and he thinks she's dying. Outside the Beacon Hills Animal Clinic Dr. Deaton is locking up when he senses someone behind him. He whips out a telescopic baton weapon. He turns and swings at a hooded foe. They duck and attack with what appears to be a foot-long metal spike. After a few parries and thrusts, Deaton stops, bows and says "You could have called, Satomi-san." Under the hood we see Satomi. Her eyes glow red.

"He hasn't aged a day" Lydia said through slacked jaws.

Saturday finds Scott, Kira, Malia and Stiles at school for the PSAT. Lydia apparently took the test when she was a freshman. Malia is reluctant to take the exam but both Scott says she studied harder than any of them and adds that "while we're trying not to die, we still need to live." He says if he survives high school he would like to go to college, "a good college." Kira points out that the test only takes three hours to complete and "we can survive three hours."

"I sense a jinx" Corey mumbled to Mason who nodded and discreetly checked Corey out.

Each student is required to place their fingerprint on their answer sheet. The security measure is an effort to keep students from paying others to take the test for them. Scott presses his thumb into the provided ink pad and applies it to the paper. He is then handed a booklet by teacher who we can see is the same man we saw in the lab at the beginning of the show.

"Oh no" the room, except Peter who was still sour over his money and Theo who was too lost in his own thoughts groaned in unison.

Students are also required to give up their cell phones for the duration of the test. Natalie Martin takes each phone and places it in an individual, numbered, envelope. The test is supposed to run 2 hours and 10 minutes. The proctor explains that it consists of "two 25 minute critical reading sections, two 25 minute Math sections and an essay writing portion that will last 30 minutes." He then turns to Natalie Martin and says there should be two teachers monitoring the exam. She explains that Coach Finstock is not exactly punctual. She steps into the hall to try to call him "again." She notices his office door at the end of the hall and decides to check there. She finds him passed out on his desk and believes he is drunk. She's disappointed, saying he has "15 years of sobriety" and falls off the wagon at school. She tries to revive him but has no luck.