Chapter 29: 3-3

Two kids, a boy and a girl are hunting fireflies in Beacon Hills Preserve after dark.

"Aw! This takes me back. Remember we used to the same thing here" Talia smiled at her brother who smiled back at her.

The full moon shines down on them as Boyd appears out of the darkness. The kids take refuge in a metal shed but the werewolf simply picks it up and tosses it away leaving them exposed.

"But that never happened before" Peter pointed out jokingly.

Briefly distracted by a jar full of fireflies that rolls to a stop at his feet, Boyd looks away as the bugs surround him. When he turns his attention back to the children, they're gone.

"Nature has their own way to protect the innocent huh" Laura smiled at the screen, happy to see no children were hurt.

Scott explains to Derek by phone that he lost Boyd and that they should stick together to find him again because Boyd is "too strong, too fast and way too angry for one person to handle." The plan to meet up but Scott says he has to drop someone off first, next to him are the two children Boyd had cornered and Scott apparently saved.

"Nature and Scott McCall you mean" Stiles added with a smirk and Laura snorted.

Lydia is where we saw her last sitting up in bed after waking up screaming. She reaches for a bottle of generic brand Ibuprofen but it's empty. She rises, puts on her coat and yells to her mom that she's going to the store. She realizes that her mom can't hear her since she apparently didn't hear her "screaming like a lunatic" earlier. She stares for a moment at the full moon and repeats the word "lunatic."

"I assure you, you are not a lunatic" Peter said smoothly. "Oh? And why do you say so? I mean I have been screaming like one for apparently no reason at all" Lydia said with a raised eyebrow. Peter just smiled and looked away, not explaining any further.

While trying to follow tracks left by Boyd and Cora, Derek and Scott realize that the two out of control werewolves are sticking together. Scott relays the story of Boyd trying to rip the two kids apart and wonders aloud if they will do that to everyone they find. Derek says yes – everyone and anyone. Lydia is texting as she exits her car so it takes her a moment to realize that she has not, as she expected, driven to the store. Instead, she is at the public pool near the Beacon Hills Preserve. She sees a shape floating in the water. Whispering to herself "please don't be dead, please don't be dead"

"You just jinxed it" Stiles laughed while Lydia rolled her eyes.

She approaches and grabs the body – it turns out to be a CPR dummy used in resuscitation classes. As she breaths a sigh of relief she realizes that her hands are bloody. Following the pooling blood on the concrete, she looks up to find a man's body propped in the lifeguard stand and she screams.

"See told you" Stiles smirked.

Allison is sitting in her car at the Beacon Hills overlook that served as Scott and her meeting spot during their clandestine relationship. In flashback to the bank vault, we see that Scott told her about Victoria Argent's attempt to kill him and has explained that Derek bit her while fighting to save him. Scott explains that he didn't tell her because he didn't want her murderous actions to be the last memory that she had of her mother.

"Sometimes you are too good for your own good you know that?" Isaac rolled his eyes.

Derek carries what appears to be Erica's lifeless body and appears near to tears. Remembering all this, Allison comes to a decision. She reaches into the glove box of her car and removes an arrowhead. In a tent in the Preserve, two girls are getting cozy. Caitlin has lit a number of candles. She and her girlfriend, Emily, begin to kiss. Suddenly Emily notices thousands of bugs have settled on the outside of the tent, their shadows visible due to the bright moonlight outside.