Chapter 60: 4-8

Stiles is in bed alone. He tosses and turns but cannot get to sleep. Suddenly, Malia is there with him. He tells her he always sleeps in the center of the bed. They maneuver about a bit and then settle on spooning with Stiles taking the "big spoon" position behind Malia. When his arm begins to fall asleep, they flip back-to-back but this doesn't please Stiles either. Malia finally settles it by taking the "big spoon" position behind Stiles. He declares "this is good."

"That's kinda cute" Melissa said with a laugh.

Stiles awakes and realizes that he is alone in bed.

"And its gone" she sighed.

Agent McCall removes the rounds from his clip and places them and his gun into evidence bags. He records his incident report on his phone. He explains how he witnessed the assailant, armed with a sound suppresser-equipped Walther P88, threaten the potential victim with the weapon pressed to his head. Scott is listening to his father as he explains that he felt he had no choice but to use deadly force. Mr. McCall comes out of his office in the Sheriff's Station and explains that he has to drive down to the FBI field office in San Francisco for a "review." He apologizes that he may miss Scott's first lacrosse game of the season saying he feels it's a big deal because he is "keeping his promises this time."

Scott smiled at his father who smiled back.

Scott's Dad then explains that what he did was "necessary, justifiable." Scott asks if he's killed before and his father admits that he's done it twice. He says it's not easy and to deal with it you have to remove emotion and compartmentalize your feelings. He says he used to do that by drinking. They embrace for a moment before Agent McCall tells Scott that he and his friends are not reacting to the tragic events around them the way he would expect them to react. He says this makes him think they know something he does not and, when he returns from San Francisco, he wants to know what they know.

"Yeah knowing would be nice" Rafael mumbled.

Stiles, Liam, Scott, and Kira are gathered in Scott's kitchen. They have three laptops which are apparently part of a plan of some sort. Stiles describes what they're doing as "incredibly dangerous and borderline idiotic." Scott gives Liam the option to not take part but Liam says he's not scared. The plan has to do with the "visual confirmation" requirement mentioned on The Benefactor cassettes. The crux of the plan is "what if you kill someone on the dead pool but you can't send the visual proof?" They believe that if someone high on the The Dead Pool dies without confirmation, The Benefactor will come seeking visual proof – thereby allowing them to learn the identity.

"That kinda sounds scary now" Liam mumbled to Mason.

An unseen patient is brought by ambulance to Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital. Liam's stepdad is called to the ER where he escorts the gurney into "Trauma 2" an exam room. They attempt chest compression and shock the patient's heart with a defibrillator twice but the monitor still shows a flat line, no pulse. The doctor calls time of death at 21:02 hours and asks that someone page Melissa McCall. Scott McCall is lying dead on the exam table.

The room blinked in unison. "This better be part of the plan or I swear" Melissa growled under her breath, clutching Scott's arm.

Braeden wakes up in Derek's bed at the loft. She sees him sleeping on the nearby couch and creeps over to him, lifts his shirt and looks at the bullet wound he sustained from the last assassin. He wakes and asks her what she's doing. She repeats what he said to her in the hospital earlier claiming she is "protecting my investment." She wants to know why Derek is not healing, he brushes her question off saying some wounds take longer to heal than others. She demands to see his eyes, his real eyes. When he turns back to her, his eyes do not have a werewolf glow.