Chapter 30: 3-4

At the Animal Clinic, Scott is assisting Dr. Deaton by holding down a dog for an injection while its owner frets over the procedure.

"Typical dog owners" Peter rolled his eyes.

The dog's name is Bullet. His owner explains that all of his dogs have gun-related names because he is from a military family. As Scott pets him, Bullet rolls over and presents his belly in a sign of submission. This prompts his owner to say "Looks like he knows who the Alpha is." This alarms Scott and seems to disturb Deaton.

"Why would it alarm you?" Allison asked her boyfriend. "It seems too dangerous. Plus the Alpha pack is after Alphas right now. It would put everyone I associate with in danger" he shrugged.

Outside, Bullet's owner attempts unsuccessfully to get the dog into his silver Toyota Corolla. Instead the pup runs off between two warehouses. The owner follows and believes he has found the dog under a dumpster. When he reaches in, he gets bitten and blood wells on his hand. He then sees Bullet is sitting across the way. When he again looks under the dumpster a voice whispers "Closer, come closer."

"Not creepy at all" Lydia muttered.

Scott discovers a single mistletoe berry while sifting through a sample of Bullet's stool. Deaton explains that the plant is poisonous to dogs and humans. Scott hears Bullet barking outside and goes to investigate. He finds the dog but the owner is no longer there.

"I wonder how it got there then. Bullet should have been dead" Stiles said. "I'm more concerned about the guy that got kidnapped by our ghost friend" Lydia added.

At school, Ms. Blake finds Derek waiting in her classroom. She picks up a wooden pointer and wields it awkwardly as a defense. She fears he is there to intimidate or kill her to keep her silent about the events. She reveals that her name is Jennifer and that she has been in psychotherapy. She and Derek discuss "The Crucible" - a Play by Arthur Miller. Derek explains that it's an allegory for McCarthyism. She promises to never tell about what she's seen and seems nervous but intrigued by Derek.

"Does little brother have a crush?" Laura smirked and elbowed his side.

Stiles is wondering if the latest missing guy, Bullet's owner, was a virgin. Scott jokes that he's not because Deaton makes him have sex with all his clients. He says it's a new policy at the Animal Clinic.

"Gee Scott, I need to get a pet just to get in your pants then?" Allison said with a smirk and a raised eyebrow. Scott just blushed and said nothing.

Stiles gets upset pointing out that if the killer is after virgins that he is in danger and needs to have sex immediately.

"That is a valid reason to be afraid people" Stiles shouted to the laughing crowd.

They are in the locker room and are overheard by Danny who says he'll do it and that Stiles should come by his house around 9pm and plan to stay the night because "I like to cuddle". It's a joke of course but Stiles believes it just long enough to feign hurt feelings when Danny laughs and walks off.

"Guess you really are into guys son" Noah scratched his chin with a small smile. Stiles groaned, "Oh come on not you too".

Isaac returns to school and Coach Bobby Finstock welcomes him and explains that participation on Cross Country team is mandatory for all lacrosse players because he doesn't want them to get fat in the off season. Nike apparently provides the school's Cross Country uniforms and gear. Outside, a few minutes later, Isaac is lacing up his running shoes. The Alpha Twins, Ethan (in black) and Aiden (in burgundy), stalk up to him on either side. When the whistle blows, everyone starts running with the Alphas way out in front.