Chapter 37: 3-11

Stiles tries desperately to wake Derek who is still lying unconscious on the floor of the elevator where Jennifer Blake left him. Stiles slaps him several times then prepares to punch him in the face when Derek wakes and grabs his fist.

"Right now he wakes up" Stiles rolls his eyes.

Stiles urgently catches Derek up on the events saying they must leave the hospital as the police are arriving. Derek is concerned for Cora. Outside, Chris Argent hears a howl and tells Allison that it is a signal The Alpha Pack is retreating. Isaac reminds Peter that the last time he saw the Argents was when Peter killed Kate Argent. Peter escapes the SUV without a word.

"Typical Peter" Talia snorts.

Derek arrives and moves Cora from the Argent's car into his own car. Allison wants to know what happened to the rest, Stiles, Scott and Scott's mom. Derek explains that Stiles is still at the hospital and Jennifer took Scott's mom. He doesn't explain that Scott is now with Deucalion. In the Emergency Room waiting area, Stiles sees a Field Agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Stiles seems to recognize the man and seems to dread the prospect of talking to him. The FBI agent seems to know Stiles and wonders if he can answer a few questions without "the usual level of sarcasm." Stiles wonders if the agent can ask the questions without "the usual level of stupid."

"I missed the interactions between dad and Stiles" Scott chuckled.

Stiles denies knowing what's happened to his dad. The agent wants to know if Sheriff Stilinski is "drinking again". Stiles points out that he never had to stop drinking but the agent says he did have to cut down on his alcohol consumption and wonders if he has increased his intake again. Stiles denies knowing what happened in the hospital claiming he'd been stuck in the elevator the whole time. We then see that someone has painted ARGENT across the outside of the elevator doors.

"So we know who the next target is" Isaac says. Allison looks at her father with worry.

In Derek's loft, Cora is dying and Derek is indecisive about what to do. Isaac condemns Derek for "rolling around in the sheets with the actual killer" while the rest of them were trying to keep people from getting killed. Isaac brings up Boyd and Erica's deaths and says Cora is now dying while Derek is still doing nothing. Isaac then questions Derek's motives for creating his pack asking if he was bored or lonely to which Derek replies "maybe." Isaac turns to go but Derek stays put saying he promised Cora he wouldn't leave and will help the others when he figures out how to help her. Isaac screams at Derek that there is no time. He points out that the full moon is coming and that Sheriff Stilinski and Melissa McCall will be dead so he, Issac, will try to help them while Derek sits and perfects "the art of doing nothing."

"It takes a lot of skills for doing that" Erica says in a mock serious tone.

Peter comes down the spiral staircase and tells Derek not to take Isaac's outburst personally. He says Isaac is using his anger to excuse shifting allegiance from one Alpha to another, from Derek to Scott. Derek points out that Scott isn't an Alpha. "He's on his way," says Peter. Arriving at their apartment, Chris Argent attempts to allay Allison's fears that he will be taken in the latest round of sacrifices. He points out that he's not been living up to the "Guardian" role. Allison says it's no coincidence that Blake took Scott's mother and Stiles' father and Stiles adds that someone put the Argent name in "large block letters" at the hospital which he says seems like a warning. Allison suspects that Ms. Morrell is behind the warning saying the guidance counselor knows a lot more about what's happening and might be trying to help. Stiles says they need to hurry since the lunar eclipse is "two freaking nights away" and that his father could already be dead. Chris disagrees. He says it seems Jennifer is moving pieces into place. Allison points out that Chris is one of those pieces. He says they won't wait around to see her next move. He takes out the map of the telluric currents. But Stiles is dejected saying that going after her will likely mean Chris gets taken. Chris says he's different because he's carrying a .45 caliber pistol. He says Jennifer has shown that she can heal from a shot to the leg and slashes to her face but wonders how she would do with "half her skull blown off."