Chapter 31: 3-5

Scott found an arrow at school and brings it to Allison's apartment to confront her. At first she denies her involvement claiming it might have come from the archery team. Scott then points out that Beacon Hills High doesn't have an archery team and if they did they wouldn't use "military grade, armor piercing, titanium arrowheads."

"Busted" Laura smirked

Scott warns Allison to stay away from the Alpha Pack because of their superhuman strength. They then flirt over the idea of who would win in fight between her and Scott. They spar. Scott easily blocks her attacks and they end up very close to kissing.

"Damnit Scott! Always kiss when in that situation! You have 50% chance of getting kissed back" Stiles groaned. "What's the other 50% going to?" Scott asked. "Well that my friend is the chance of you getting slapped then kneed in the balls" Stiles said with a grin making Scott snort.

He leaves with a warning that the Alpha twins were just playing with them at the school. He says he is afraid and that she should be afraid of what the Alpha Pack might do. In the elevator of Allison's building Deucalion is waiting for Scott. The young werewolf extends his claws. The Alpha Pack leader seems amused saying he would have to be "blind, deaf and quadriplegic" for Scott to have a chance of taking him down.

"Ouch" Isaac winces, "right in the pride" he finished with a sigh.

He then teases Scott saying he should take chance, kill an Alpha and become an Alpha but Scott isn't interested. Scott says he's not like Deucalion, that he doesn't have to kill people. The older man says that might change that a circumstance may arise where the only way to save one person is to kill another. Scott thinks the leader is there to spark a confrontation with him but Deucalion says he lives in the building. He points out that the neighbors are surprisingly friendly. When Scott asks what he's after – he responds "I want to see what you're made of."

"Funny cause he is blind" Stiles said with a little laugh.

In Derek's Loft, Scott reports the Alpha Pack is living in Allison's building, Derek's pack already knows because Cora and Boyd followed the twins there. Scott suggests that the Alphas want them to know where they are. Peter suggests they don't care if Derek knows. Derek says they plan to attack tomorrow and that Scott is going with them. The Alphas live in the penthouse right above the Argent's apartment. Derek plans a preemptive strike to kill the Alphas first. Scott wants to know why killing is always the go to plan for werewolves. Peter agrees with him but mocks Scott for being "blandly moral." Cora disagrees with Scott and wants to know why they need "this kid." Derek points out that Scott helped save her life and tries to convince Scott that they can't just sit back and wait for them to make the first move.

"Sadly I agree with Derek. It's too risky to wait for them to make the first move here" Chris sighed.

Scott says they can't defeat the whole Alpha Pack. Cora says they're not going after the whole pack, just Deucalion. Boyd describes him as "the head of the snake" believing that if they kill him the rest will fold.

"But you forget. They are all Alphas. And each Alpha is a leader on its own. Even if Deucalion dies, one of them will stand up and take charge. Knowing the rest, the whole pack would become much much more violent then" Talia sighed.

Peter says it's not a snake but a Hydra – a mythical creature the demigod Hercules fought. Scott rightly points out that when Hercules cut off one of the creatures seven heads, two more grew back in its place. Peter congratulates him for doing his "summer reading."