Chapter 61: 4-9

Jordan Parrish wakes up and finds himself tied to the steering wheel of a sheriff's cruiser with plastic handcuffs. Deputy Haigh is splashing gasoline all over the car. He explains to Parrish that he is worth $5 million to The Benefactor dead, and Haigh means to collect.

"I still can't believe I'm worth that much" Parrish shook his head.

Parrish is quick to point out that he only makes $40 thousand a year but this seems to anger Haigh who says he only makes 36. He dumps gasoline not just on the car but through the open window onto Parrish's head.

"The dude is just jealous that he makes four thousand less than you? Man some officer of the law he is" Stiles shook his head.

Parrish begs for his life saying he can't believe that Haigh would just stand there and listen to a fellow deputy burn to death. Haigh puts in earbuds before lighting his zippo lighter and tossing it into the open window of the car.

"That's one way to solve this problem" Noah said, not at all happy with what he was seeing.

Parrish screams as the entire vehicle is consumed by fire.

"Well if you're lucky you'll die" Stiles says. "Death is lucky!? What's the unlucky thing then?" Parrish asks with a groan. "You'll become him" Stiles points at Peter who groans a protest.

Lydia and Stiles have brought the latest information to Sheriff Stilinski at his office. They explain that Lydia's grandmother, Lorraine Martin, may have faked her death and could be working with The Benefactor or might be The Benefactor.

"Highly doubt it" Lydia muttered to herself. Allison took her hand gave it a comforting squeeze.

Outside the sheriff's office, Haigh reports to the Benefactor via computer and requests his money wire transfer for Parrish's death. Parrish is not dead. Covered in soot and dressed in the barest remains of his burned clothing, Parrish walks into the Sheriff's Station. He makes straight for Haigh who draws his service weapon. Parrish grabs him and slams him against the wall. He then throws him to the ground and punches him. The gun goes off, striking Sheriff Stilinski in the shoulder.

"You're alive and well here that's no problem with me but do you really have to get my dad shot like that?" Stiles groans. "Sorry Sheriff" Parrish says sheepishly while Noah just shakes his head in amusement.

Haigh keeps saying "but you're dead" and Parrish keeps punching him.

"Oh he is dead. It's just him spirit who came back from the underworld to take his revenge" Mason quips earning eye rolls from the others while Stiles gives him a thumbs up, "kid I like your thought process" he says with a grin.

On the computer screen the message "KILL NOT CONFIRMED" appears.

"Gee ya think?" Hayden rolls her eyes again.

Lydia brings Parrish to the loft for a debriefing with Scott and Derek. After examining the deputy's hands, Derek says he has no idea what his supernatural deal might be. Scott brings up the fact that Derek knew about Jackson and Kira but this is apparently out of his realm of experience.

"Something Derek does not know? Well guess we discovered a new thing. I vote to call it a resistant" Stiles says and Mason joins in his favor. Derek rolls his eyes, "First off me not knowing doesn't mean that it is a new creature. And second of all if it was new we are certainly calling it that" he says. Stiles and Mason pouts while the others agree with Derek. Laura leans over to her mom and whispers in her ears, "it seems Derek takes up the position of the wise advisor when he gets older" Talia nods with a look pf pride in her eyes.