Chapter 1- The twinkle in his eyes.

Lights will guide you home

And ignite your bones

And I will try to fix you.

The song echoed through my ears as it finished. Music, it can be a mood changer, an emotional medication, and a piece of guidance at times. It replenishes your heart and soul, and you just get lost in it. Sometimes it eases your nerves, and other times it helps you think. The world could not be in proper existence without music. I sat at my window gazing at the cars passing by in the busy streets of London, England. It was the start of summer, my favorite season. The words from the song still stuck in my head. Truly, I did need a lot of fixing.

It all started when I was 14, the day my mother died to be exact, when my world came crashing down on me. She was strong, but the cancer inside her was stronger. I miss the days when she would braid my hair and tell me, "One day, you'll find a man and you'll know he's the one because he'll treat you for what you're worth, and you're worth a lot, Samantha." The tragic truth is, I'm worth nothing. I remember sometimes I would be putting on makeup and she would tell me how much it's not needed and that I'm beautiful, but I wouldn't believe her. When I was little I used to tell my mother about how I wanted to be an actress. She would tell me that I will be the best actress ever, I still believe in that dream to this day. I was in the room with her when she passed. After telling me how much she loved me, her last words to me were, "I see a bright future in you."

My father was great man too, at least when my mother was alive. You could see how much he was in love with her just by the way his eyes twinkled when he saw her. After she died, he died inside. He started working the night shifts at the fire station, leaving me home alone most nights. When he'd come home in the morning he would go right up to his room, only leaving occasionally. I took care of my father, making him dinner and cleaning up his room and doing his laundry. He was grateful towards me, but the twinkle in his eyes were gone. One day, when I was 16, I came home from school and he wasn't anywhere to be seen. He had run off and he never came back.

I live with my best friend Kathryn, Kat for short, now. Without her I don't know where I'd be. In the beginning of the year I met my boyfriend, John. When we first dated he was actually kind. Then he started drinking, every night he would go out and drink. That's when the abuse started, and he became quite vulgar. Every time I was with him he would add another bruise to my skin. I tried to escape this relationship but he threatened to hurt my friends, something I can't live with being responsible for. Kat would always tell me that I need to break up with him, but she would never understand the consequences that could come with it. After I met John, Kat met Niall, yes Niall Horan from One Direction. They started dating, and that's when she introduced me to the boys. I became close with them all, especially Harry. John hated when I hung out with them, he was more of the jealous type. He strictly "banned" me from seeing them, but when he wasn't keeping a watchful eye I would still meet up with them. Whenever I had a bad day, which was almost everyday, either the boys or just Harry would cheer me up. None of them knew about my boyfriend being abusive though, except Kat. I'm sure that if Harry ever found out, he'd have a fit. I can't risk something bad happening to them though, so I mostly keep to myself on those matters.

My thoughts were interrupted when my phone buzzed. I looked to see a text from Harry.

Harry: Hey love, could I come over? I have great news I'm sure you'll like. :)

Me: Sure, You didn't get another tattoo did you, Styles? Because it won't be great news when you get an infection. :P

Harry: Nope, My skin is good... for now. I'll be there in a few. ;)

Me: Okay, see you soon! :)

I changed and put my wavy brown hair in to a ponytail. I roll my eyes as I wonder what this boy has in store for me this time.

Sorry guys this chapter is kind of bad I really had no idea how I was going to write this out. xD I promise it'll be better next chapter!!