Chapter 26 - Getting Even

I poured the batter in the waffle maker as the smell of bacon filled the kitchen. Harry was still asleep and I decided to get up and make us breakfast. I had his t-shirt on with my pajama shorts barely showing under it. It wasn't easy when you don't know where everything is in this large room. I was cooking the bacon when I felt to strong arms wrap around me and a head nuzzle in to my neck causing me to shriek in surprise.

"So that's where my shirt went." Harry said while kissing my neck.

I noticed that he was shirtless with only his sweats on, the boy couldn't get another shirt?

"Why are you cooking breakfast?" he asked.

"As a thank you for letting me stay here." I replied pouring the bacon on to the plates.

He stayed in the same position and entwined his fingers with mine, "You didn't have to, love. I've always wanted to live with you."

I pulled away and took the waffles out of the cooker, pacing them on the plate and adding some strawberries to the side, "Well, I still felt obligated too. Besides, I make a mean batch of waffles."

"I guess I'll have to test that theory out." he challenged while taking the plate full of food.

We sat down at the bar-chairs connected to the island and chowed down. Harry took one bite of my creation and his eyes brightened.

"Holy shit, you're right!" he exclaimed as I giggled.

"Told ya." I cooed.

"Alright, alright. So since I get time off, what would you like to do today?" he questioned taking a bite of bacon.

"I already have plans with someone this morning, but I'm free later." I explained.

He raised an eyebrow and I rolled my eyes at him, "Don't worry, it's only my dad. I don't think he's much of a date."

He chuckled, "Sorry, I'm just making sure that you're mine and only mine."

I scrunched my nose at him and he poked it, smirking at me. We finished our breakfast and cleaned off our plates in the sink.

"Thank you. That was amazing." He complimented wrapping his arms around me, leaning in and kissing me.

"No problem. I'll spend time with you later." I notified him pulling away and rubbing my nose against his.

"Mmm can't wait." he hummed smiling.

----------------

"I'm sorry I couldn't give you a place to stay, my house is a bit small. It's only a one bedroom." my father explained while stirring his coffee.

I smiled, "It's fine, I found someplace."

"You're staying with that boy huh?" he asked uneasily.

"Uhh yes..." I trailed off.

"Being the protective father I am, I'm not going to fully approve the idea of you living with a boy. I know he'll take good care of you, though." he paused for a few seconds as he sipped his drink, "Just promise me you'll use protection. I'm not old enough to be a grandfather yet."

"Dad!" I exclaimed as he chuckled.

He looked down at the table and his smiled slowly faded, "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you. You went through a lot of hell. I'm such a coward."

I put my hand over his comfortingly, "You're far from a coward. I know what it's like when you need to get away from things."

He sighed, "Well if anyone hurts you, I'll burn their house down without leaving any evidence."