Chapter 32 - Never Again

It took a while for my eyes to adjust when I slowly opened them. I looked around to see that I was in a white room, a hospital. I had all these wires hooked up to me and my side hurt like hell.

"You're a lucky girl, you know." I looked over to my right to see a nurse writing on her clipboard.

"Huh?"

"You lost a lot of blood, sweetheart. You weren't alive for a moment. We had to stitch up your wound. You didn't get any sort of infection, luckily." She commented nicely.

"Oh." I mumbled.

I looked over to my left to see Harry in a chair sleeping. His cheeks were tear stained and his mouth was slightly parted.

"He gave you a lot of his blood. It turns out you guys were a perfect match. He offered more but we couldn't accept, we had enough blood and it could've endangered his own health. He's been here the whole time." She explained.

He gave me his blood.

"I'm guessing he's your boyfriend, right?" She asked.

"Yes." I replied.

"Keep him, you don't see many like him anymore these days." She told me smiling and I nodded my head.

"I'll leave you alone now." She teased as she exited the room.

Harry was still fast asleep so I sat there for a few minutes just thinking. He was mad at me yet he still gave me blood. He cried when I was laying there lifeless. I thought about what my mother had said, As much as I want you here, I don't think you're ready yet. Maybe I'm not ready yet. Maybe I still have a whole life to live ahead of me. And maybe, it would be with Harry.

A hand grabbed on to mine and Harry immediately came to my side, tears falling down his face once again, "Sam."

"Why are you crying?" I questioned dumbfounded.

He sighed, "Because I'm the worst boyfriend ever. I was supposed to protect you but I put my anger in front of me and ignored the fact that you were trying to help. I ignored the fact that you were still in danger. Now you're here and you almost left me."

I pulled him in for a hug and he cried in to my neck, "It's alright Harry, people make mistakes. You still protected me the best you could."

He shook his head, "No, because I almost fucking lost you. This is all my fault."

"Hey," I started bringing him to face me, "It's NOT your fault. I'm alright now. Don't ever feel like it was your fault."

He slowly nodded his head as I brushed the tears off his face, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, I was only trying to stop him from slitting your throat." I joked flashing a smile at him, "I love you."

He brought his face close to mine, "I love you more."

"No I love you more."

"Not possible."

"Things are only impossible if you believe that they're impossible."

I smiled as my mother popped in to my mind. He leaned his and brushed his lips against mine before kissing me passionately. He pulled away and gave me a slight smile, squeezing my hand.

"Cuddle?" I asked giving him a pout face.

He shook his head, "I don't want to hurt you."

"Please! You won't." I pleaded and he sighed.

"Fine, but tell me if you feel pain." He ordered as I moved over.

He crawled in next to me and pulled me close, but cautiously, almost like I was fragile.