Chapter 25 - Moving In

The police came and investigated the scene as we stood in the living room waiting. I'm still shocked that he'd go as far as breaking in to Kat and I's flat with a crowbar and destroying things. They told us that the note might possibly give evidence to where he is, but it might not be enough. John was smart, he made sure not to leave any footprints behind, he made sure not to leave anything he had brought with him, he made sure that I knew he was after me. They told us that it wasn't safe to stay here considering he could break in again. Soon they all filed out after their investigation was over and it was just us four again. I turned back to them, my face filled with sorrow and regret. It was my fault this happened, it was my fault that they were all dragged in to this.

"This is all my fault," I choked out, tears forming in my eyes, "I'm sorry."

I began walking quickly towards the door, I didn't want them to be involved anymore. He was going to hurt them.

"Sam, wait." Harry said and I ignored him, shutting the door behind me.

I began to run down the street, everything swirling around in my head. I was the worst friend ever, the worst girlfriend ever.

"Sam, slow down!" I heard Harry call behind me, he was following close behind.

I stopped and turned to face him, "I don't understand why you don't just give up on me like everyone else did. You're only pushing yourself in to a danger zone. Just give up!"

I felt tears roll down my cheeks and soon his arms wrapped around me, pulling me in to a tight hug, "I don't care. Sam, I've fallen for you since the day I met you. I don't care if I get stabbed, bombed, shot, or lit on fire, I'm not giving up on you. I'm not like everyone else, and that's why I'm still here. I'm not going to let him hurt you again. Like I said before, I will fight for you until the day I die, always."

" I don't want you to get hurt!" I cried in to his chest.

"Hey, hey, it's going to be okay. We're going to be okay, I promise. Do you know what would hurt more than any of those other things? Losing you. So I'll always be okay as long as you're there."

"But it's my fault."

"What is? Sam, you are the strongest girl I know. You had to courage to escape a man who's done nothing but hurt you even after he's threatened you. You've lived without your mother and father to take care of you. You had the courage to fight John off when he started attacking me. Don't ever think anything is your fault, because it's not. I love you, and nothing is going to change that."

He held me as I continued to cry in to his chest. All I could hear was the cars passing by as I poured out all my emotions on to him. He rubbed circles in to my back and whispered comforting things in to my ear. Soon I calm down and he pulled away, wiping the remaining tears.

"We're gonna be okay." he stated and I nodded my head.

"Hey, so I was thinking since you really can't stay there anymore if you'd like to move in with me. I mean, only if you feel comfortable. I know it's a bit fast in our relationship and all and I don't want to push you, but it sounds like a good idea. Remember how I told you I had bought myself a new house before we went on tour? I do believe it's cozy enough for two people, I mean, as long as you-"

"I'd love to move in with you." I replied smiling.

His eyes lit up and his mouth formed a grin, "Good."

He leaned down and kissed me passionately, cupping my face with one hand and pulling me closer with the other. We pulled away and he took my hand, leading me back to the flat. Kat and Niall were still in the living room sitting on the couch. Kat stood up and immediately pulled me in to a hug.