Chapter 3 - Am I really worthless?

I was getting ready to pack when I heard the front door open.

"Sam, I'm home!" I heard Kat call as she went in to her room.

I walked over to her room and peered in through the door. I saw her trying to fit her pile of clothes into the tightly packed suitcase. The amount of stuff packed in to the luggage caused her to have troubles closing it. She ended up sitting on top of the suitcase while zippering it up. After she finished her little brawl with her suitcase she let out a sigh of relief causing me to chuckle. She glanced over at me and smiled.

"Sorry I was having suitcase problems." she giggled standing up and fixing her perfectly straight blonde hair.

"Are you sure you need that much clothes?" I asked emphasizing the "that".

She looked over at me with a serious facial expression, "When you're touring with One Direction, you need to look good."

I rolled my eyes and smirked at her sassy attitude. She got up from her suitcase and sauntered towards me giving me a hug.

"I'm going to miss you while I'm gone. It's going to be rough spending a summer without my best friend." she whispered sympathetically.

My smile grew imagining her reaction when I tell her the news, "Maybe you won't have to."

She pulled away and looked at me questionably, "What do you mean?"

"Well, a certain curly-haired lad said I could come along for the tour."

Her face immediately lit up, "You're coming?!"

"Yep!" I exclaimed popping the "p". We looked at each other knowing what would happen next and then burst into screams.

"I can't believe it! Wait what about John?" she reminded me.

"Don't worry, he'll find some other girl to toy around with. As for me, I'm done with his bull." I replied proudly.

"Won't he be mad?" she asked worried.

"Don't worry, he can't get near me with all the security. He'll get over it."

She smiled, "You're going to be so much happier without him."

"I know." I said.

"Well, I'm going to the store to buy another suitcase, want to come?"

I giggled and rolled my eyes at her statement, "Nah, I should probably start packing myself."

"Okay! See you later!" she squealed and with that she left.

I strolled into my room and took out my light blue suitcase. After a while of figuring out what to bring, I packed my first outfit in to the suitcase. Before I could pack anymore someone started banging on my door. I'm quite the popular one today aren't I? Curious, I scurried down to answer the door. When I opened it there stood John, speak of the devil. I could see the anger in his deep brown eyes. He brushed past me as he let himself in and I shut the door nervously and turned to him.

"You think I'm stupid?" he questioned, anger rising in his voice.

"W-what?" I managed to let out.

He shook his head and then threw some photos on the floor. I picked one up and examined it. It was of Harry and I hanging out in the coffee shop one day. I remember in this photo clearly that I was laughing at one of his pointless jokes.

He came closer to me, "You think I'm just someone that you can easily fool? Wrong!"

He gripped my wrists with his hands and got close to my face, "Let me make on thing clear, I always find things out."

"Let go of me." I growled.

He chuckled to himself and threw me on to the floor, "You little slut! You disobey me by going out with that singing loser and then you try to tell me what to do?"

I stood back up, "I'm done with this! I'm done with you! I don't want to be with you, John! You are a disgusting pig and I would be very pleased if you left!" I knew I just set him off.

I felt a stinging pain across my left cheek, I knew he'd just slapped me. He drew back and stood there breathing heavily.

"You can't break up with me. You think you can leave? What are you going to do huh? Run to your little friend Harry? Too bad he won't be there because he's going on tour tomorrow. So you're stuck with me." he replied

"Try me." I threatened.

He threw me to the floor again and kicked me in the side. As I laid there in pain he turned and headed towards the door. He opened the door but before stepping out he turned back to me.

"Worthless girl." he said then shut the door behind him.

I heard him drive off before I slowly got back up. A tear rolled down my cheek. The word cemented on to my head like a brick.

Worthless.

Am I really worthless? I guessed that's what I've always imagined myself being.

"He thinks I'll be here tomorrow? He's wrong." I mumbled to myself as I walked back upstairs to finish packing, knowing that that'll be the last time he hurts me, hopefully.