Chapter 24 - Welcome Home

I saw my mother standing there in a long white dress covering her feet. Her hair was in perfectly curled ringlets and she didn't look frail and sickly like last time I had seen her. She was beautiful. I stood there in shock as she almost floated towards me.

"M-Mum?" I let out, my voice shaky.

"Hi baby-girl, you've gotten so beautiful." she replied.

She held out her hand but when I went to touch it, it went right through her like she was some sort of apparition.

She looked at me in sorrow, "I'm sorry I left you, but it was for the best."

I nodded my head, "I know, you shouldn't be able to suffer."

Her bright blue eyes glistened as she smiled, "But you've turned out to be an amazing girl and I'm so proud of you. Don't ever think differently."

I sighed, "I really miss you."

"I miss you too, lovely. I know how hard it was for you after I left."

My heart began to ache yet I didn't cry, "It was rough."

She looked at me comfortingly, "But now it's getting better. Remember those fairy tales I used to tell you when you were younger?"

"Yes?" I answered questioningly.

"In the beginning they always struggle, but in the end they end up happily ever after. You're happily ever after is almost here." she explained soothingly.

"How do you know?" I asked curiously.

She grinned, her perfect teeth showing, "You've got an angel with you who'll always protect you. You'll realize soon."

"What do you mean?"

She began to fade away, "I have to go darling, stay strong for me. I love you."

With that she disappeared.

My eyes shot open and I looked around me. I sighed as I realized I was in the hotel room. It was just a dream, but it felt so real. Maybe it was really her trying to communicate with me. Whatever it was, what she said kept being repeated in my head.

You've got an angel with you who'll always protect you.

I turned to look beside me and everything suddenly clicked. Harry was laying there still fast asleep as the some light penetrated through the curtains and shined on to him. He had been there with me through rough times, and he's always been protective with me. He had given me so much love and never pushed me to do anything that I didn't want to do. He was always there. I gazed at my angel as his chest slowly moved up and down. He had me securely in his arms as he faced me. I nuzzled my face in to his neck and I heard him chuckle as his eyes fluttered open.

"Well, good-morning beautiful." he said in his husky morning voice.

"Good-morning handsome." I replied giggling, "I don't want to get up."

"Neither do I." he sighed rubbing my back, "But guess what's in a few days."

"What?" I questioned curiously.

"Your birthday."

It hit me after he had said that. I would be turning eighteen in a few days and I had forgotten.

Excitement washed over me, "Oh yea!"

"I can't wait to give you your surprise. I'm NOT telling you by the way." he said ignoring my pouts. I finally gave up and cuddled in to him more.

"You're so warm." I mumbled tiredly causing him to snicker.

"Thanks, I'm glad that I'm your human heater." he joked.