Chapter 20 - Puzzle Piece

I was still chatting in the hotel room with Kat when Harry texted me.

Harry: Getting you McDonald's x :P

My stomach began to growl.

Me: Yes! I'm starving! Thanks! <3

Harry: No problem! Be there in a bit. <3

"Ooooohhh!" she cooed, "Is he texting you?"

I turned to her raising my eyebrow, "What are you, five?"

"Actually, I'm six." she joked snapping her fingers at me.

I rolled my eyes and giggled, "So, how's it going with you and Niall?"

She smiled, "He's amazing in every way! Even in bed." she winked.

"Gross! I didn't need to know that much detail!" I exclaimed disgusted.

"Hey! You know I'm a pervert!" she protested.

"Alright!" I replied sarcastically.

Just then Niall walked in, "There you are Kat!"

"Hey Nialler!" She smiled standing up and kissing him.

"Ready to go?" He asked.

"Oh geez! I almost forgot! Yea, I am. Sam I'm going out to lunch with Niall see ya later!" she waved.

"Bye Sam!" Niall exclaimed shutting the door behind them.

I smirked at their cuteness and then walked in to the bedroom. Laying on the bed, I put on my headphones and blasted some music until I heard someone open the door.

"Sam?" I heard Harry call from the other room.

"Coming!" I replied.

I took out my headphones and got up, heading towards the living area. Harry came and gave me a tight squeeze, pulling away and waving the McDonald's bag in my face.

"I got food," he announced proudly grinning, "Oh, and someone's here to see you. I picked him up at McDonald's." he winked pointing towards the door.

A man stood there wearing a dark coat. He seemed a bit nervous and his gray hair looked a mess, almost like he had been running his fingers through it a lot. But when I saw his brown eyes, something immediately clicked and my eyes widened, my world stopping around me.

"Sammy." he let out, his voice cracking.

"Dad?" I mumbled.

He nodded his head and smiled, tears welling in his eyes, "You look so grown up."

My throat felt dry and my heart began to race, "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you. Look I-"

"But you left me, why would you want anything to do with me?" I questioned sadly, my voice beginning to raise. I felt Harry rub my back with his hand, trying to calm me down.

"I know, Sam, I've regretted it every minute since the day I did. But I had to, I really had to. There were too many memories there eating me alive. I know you're never going to forgive me, I wouldn't forgive myself either. I'm sorry, I made a mistake and I left you alone. I couldn't handle it, you look just like her." he sniffled.

Instead of saying anything else, I ran up and hugged him. I felt his warm arms wrap around me and I suddenly felt like another piece of me had been found within this mess called life. Tears streamed down my face and he rubbed my back comfortingly.

"I've missed you so much." he whispered in my ear.

"I've missed you too." I cried.

He pulled away and put his hands on my shoulder, looking me in the eyes, "You're a strong and beautiful girl."