Chapter 27 - Birthday

I felt someone pushing my hair out of my face and my eyes fluttered open. My boyfriend came in to view smiling as he stood next the bed.

"Happy Birthday, beautiful." he whispered in my ear and kissed my forehead.

Yesterday, I was seventeen and overnight I had almost magically turned in to eighteen, an adult. It hit me just now that today I had reached an important milestone, that everything would be different.

"What time is it?" I murmured tiredly.

"It's 10:30, I made you bed in breakfast." he smiled taking the platter of food from the nightstand and putting it on my lap as I sat up against the bed-frame. He made me chocolate chip pancakes with fruit and bacon on the side. He also handed me some orange juice with it.

I blushed, "You're too sweet."

He hopped in and sat up against the bed-frame next to me, "I know, I'm too kind for my own good."

"Wow, how modest." I joked feeding him a strawberry.

"So how's it feel being eighteen?" he asked as I took a bite of my pancake.

I nodded my head, "Pretty good."

"I'm still a year older than you." he teased messing with my hair.

"Yea, you're old." I pretended to say in a disgusted tone.

"Hey! I'm not that old!" he pouted.

I laughed and continued eating, us occasionally feeding each other while we chatted.

"So, what's up today?" I questioned.

"Well, I have work...." he trailed off.

"Aww." I groaned. My heart sunk, I can't believe he was working on my birthday. I really wanted to spend time with him.

"I'm really sorry, Sam. But, I think you might get a call from Kat soon. Something about a girls day?" He told me smiling cheekily.

"What are you smiling about?" I questioned raising an eyebrow.

He chuckled, "Oh nothing."

I was about to comment when my phone rang. The caller I.D. said Kat and I picked up.

"Hello?"

"Happy birthday girl!" Kat greeted.

"Haha, thanks." I replied.

"Soooo, we're going to go to the mall today!" she exclaimed, "And no "buts"! I know Harry's working today."

"Alright, I'll go." I giggled.

"Okay! I'll see you later!" she said happily.

"Bye!"

I hung up and put my phone on the nightstand as I stood up and Harry grabbed my hand.

"Don't I get a morning kiss?" he begged standing up also.

I cupped his face and pulled him in for an unexpected, but passionate, kiss. I pulled away and he looked at me with a surprised expression.

"Now get ready." I ordered smacking his butt causing him to jump in shock.

"Wait...Did you just...." he confusingly let out as I shut the bathroom door.

I left my hair down and put on my makeup. I heard it was warm today so I put on a pretty summer dress. I walked out and slipped on my flats. My phone vibrated because Kat had texted me.

Kat: I'm outside girl!

Me: I'll be out in a sec!

I walked down to the door and Harry was standing there smirking.