Chapter 9 - I Promise

*Next Morning*

I woke up to an empty spot beside me, a note was on the pillow.

Sorry love, had to go to an interview down the street. Xx -Harry

I sighed and got up and got ready. Since it was warm I decided to put my hair in to a ponytail. After I had finished I heard a knock on my door. I opened it to see Danielle, her eyes were puffy and red and there were tears sliding down her cheek.

"What happened?!" I asked deeply concerned

She sniffled, "I can't take it anymore."

I immediately engulfed her in to a hug and sat her down on the couch. I handed her some tissues and let her cool down a bit before she continued.

"The hate. There's so much of it and I can't handle it. I've been chased down too many times by fans, I've been sent death threats, and I don't even want to begin to explain the tweets! I love Liam to death but I can't do this anymore!" She cried as I held her in my arms.

"Danielle, please don't give up on him. These people are only trying to break you." I comforted.

She pulled away, "How much more can I be broken? I have to leave him. I left him a note and I'm heading back to London. I can't say goodbye to him in person, it's too much."

"Danielle that's crazy!" I protested.

"I have to! This is all too much!"

"If you talk to Liam, he can stop them."

"You don't understand! You don't understand how much his fans mean to him! You don't understand how worse he will make it! I have to do what's best for us! I'm not good enough for him Sam! I have to leave before I make it any harder on him!"

"You don't understand how much you mean to him! If you weren't good enough then why would he have fallen in love with you in the first place?"

She walked towards the door and opened it turning around towards me, "I don't know. Look, I have to go before they come back in a few, Don't tell him I'm heading to the airport. My flight is leaving in an hour anyways. I don't want him chasing after me." And with that she shut the door behind her.

I stood there in shock for a minute, letting my actions get the best of me. After snapping out of it I ran over opened the door and ran down the hall.

"Danielle!" I shouted as she walked in to the elevator.

Before I could reach it the doors shut. That was the only elevator also, so I had to wait for it to return.

I hit my wrists on the door, "Dammit!" I mumbled.

I kept hitting the button for another two minutes until the elevator finally came back up. I got in and headed to the lobby. Once the doors opened I ran out and saw no sign of Danielle. I sprinted to the outside of the hotel and saw nothing but a taxi driving away. I have to get Liam now before it's too late. I remembered Harry saying that the interview was right down the street and I started sprinting to the place. In the process I called Harry.

"Hello?" I heard his voice say on the other line.

"Harry! I'm coming to the interview, get Liam on the line. Danielle is about to throw away their whole relationship!" I shouted in to the phone out of breath from running.

"Wait, What? Sam?! What is she doing?" He asked confused.

"Just get Liam on the line." I ordered.

"Sam?" I heard Liam on the line.

"Liam! We need to get ot the airport, Danielle is going to take a flight home!" I exclaimed.