27

"You what??" 

It's morning already and Wei Wuxian was drinking his coffee, the nth one since he couldn't sleep and drank the whole bottle of Glenfiddich. Shen Qingqiu and Luo Binghe barged into their place, the one on top of Yuwen's International, and he demanded an explanation.

"Yeah, Lan Zhan and I have twins. Girl and boy. And boy, she's just like us, the cold and fast calculation, the craziness, the precise and sharp movement…" She was mesmerized by the girl, Morrigan wasn't it? She had the exact same galaxy eyes as hers and silver hair like Mo Xuanyu. But she bet that the girl could change hair colors and styles as she'd like.

"You mean like your clone? Ah, jeez, there are four of you now?" Shen Qingqiu suddenly had a headache. Wei Wuxian and Xie Lian were already hard to handle, now another two? He sat in front of Wei Wuxian on the kitchen chair and she offered him donuts.

"Yeah, your niece and nephew. They're going to be excited to have a big family like us." Wei Wuxian munched the donuts that Luo Binghe brought them. She loved the glazed, and jelly ones, the others were too fancy for her taste.

"But how? You said that your experiment resulted in He Xuan, an enhanced human. But now, another two Angel Devourers? Are you sure they're not your clones?" Shen Qingqiu took the boston cream one and bit it in half. He was stress eating now.

"I don't know! I know nothing! I was just as surprised as you are! Oh, I remember that we followed Mianmian and Meng Airan to the warehouse. I wonder if they have any connection with the new whorehouse."

"What if Kingpin was the one who did it? Or Qi Rong? Where is he by the way? Have you guys caught him yet?"

"Not yet, we still need more information, and Lan Zhan is busy today. He's invited to attend as the guest lecturer on Criminal Psych 101 at the local uni." Wei Wuxian took her second donut, a strawberry jelly one. She bit it and the filling oozed everywhere.

"He's famous everywhere, ain't he?" Shen Qingqiu took a napkin and wiped the jelly away. "And why didn't you come with him?"

"I told him I'm going to pick him up after I talk to you." She looked at the clock on the wall. "Better leave now. Hua Cheng and Xie Lian will be here any minute, and don't forget to remind Xuanxuan to call Noah here." She brushed the donut's crumbs on her shirt and took her jacket before she left.

"Who's Noah?" Shen Qingqiu asked her.

"Our resident demon hunter. You're gonna love him. Gotta go." Wei Wuxian waved and left the apartment in the next second.

"Demon hunter? What the hell?" Shen Qingqiu was only behind for a couple days and things had progressed like crazy. Twin clones? Demon hunter? Fighting club? Sex spies? Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji really led an exciting life. He was munching the second donut when someone knocked on the door. He opened it to Liu Qingge, Hua Cheng and Xie Lian. He Xuan came in a bit later from the next door apartment, and they were all discussing what to do next, while Shen Qingqiu reminded him to call Noah.

"Oh yeah, right. Wonder why he's been MIA since he usually came here when he didn't have any job." He Xuan took out his phone and dialed Noah, and it was answered in the fifth ring, not an unusual thing for him, since he rarely answered his phone.

"What." 

He sounded asleep and it took He Xuan by surprise since Noah was a creature of habit and he liked to wake up at dawn to meditate, then trained his body, and cooked delicious Italian dishes.

"You're still asleep?" He Xuan looked at the clock. "It's ten thirty already, are you alright?" 

Noah mumbled some Italian words and He Xuan heard the rustling of sheets and footsteps. Then he heard the unmistakable sound of someone urinating, which made him roll his eyes, then after a pregnant pause, he heard him drink some kind of liquid, probably cleansing juice or something.