Aether (18+)

Requested

Requested

---

Over the years of stranded in a world where he lost two of his loved ones, Aether grew even more ruthless whenever facing an enemy.

The first year and the first time he seek help to find his sister and lover, they were all asked him to do errands that he was forced to make in order to receive answer.

He grew tired of it, and do things half-assed just to get to the end of it.

Keqing looked over at him worriedly.

She grew older by the years, while he was still him. She lived in a region full of adepti, so she was familiar of the stillness and longing feeling of those who lived so long to distinguish any feelings. The look on Aether face was far from the face she first met him.

Paimon was not by his side as well.

It all started when she finally found a lead of the lost of his traveling friends.

'Aether ! I found something !"  Keqing shouted as she saw him running towards her, Paimon trailed at the back, rather eagerly. The look on his face looked hopeful and nervous at a same time. Her hand was stop mid-air, hanging as a thought came in her mind.

She was excited to meet him, forgetting the news she brought would be a devastated news for Aether.

"What is it ?" He asked, looking straight into her eyes with hope. She gulped down, looking down.

Aether could already feel his soul leaving him seeing the expression.

"We found out about your other partner of your traveling group." Aether eyes widened after hearing the next words coming from her.

"We found her dead in a ruin."

Keqing felt her heart sliced thinking of how much he had changed, because of a  person.

He went half-mad longing for his dead lover.

"Lady Keqing !" She looked around as a squad leader approached her, looking frantic. Then, she looked behind to a few more millelith, helping those who wounded. She quickly made her way to them.

"What happened ?" She asked urgently.

"An attack from an unknown enemy. There was only few of them but very powerful." He clenched his teeth when the wound he received from the abdomen acting up, Keqing immediately hovered his arm around her shoulder.

"Call the doctor immediately !" Keqing shouted to the nearby patrol Millelith. She brought man to a nearby porch, although with struggle, not until Aether came to help.

Silently, he just took the man from her and brought him to the place.

"Thank you." She said, but he did not reply. She pursed her lips.