Dainslief

Requested
(long ago fk me)

---

You have lived for over 500 years.

Wandering around the world trying to find answers for your fallen nation.

You were not with the Abyss, nor with anyone in particular. You lived your life either within a society or not at all. You would prefer staying alone even before being forsaken from death.

Being a wanderer, you were fine with the wild as you were good with swordsmanship.

You were just among people of Khaenri'ah that lived by the border, deprived from direct resource enriched by them. You lived amongst the lowest class but you were happy.

Until, a god first stepped into your village one thing, before Khaenri'ah.

"Big sister !" Some children who were happily playing, were now shaken in fear holding onto your long skirt. You, hand trembling, faced with the celestia being that looked down on you with no remorse.

"Take your mother and run !" You pushed them away, eyes locked onto the God so they would only focused on you.

For someone who never joined knighthood, you were lacking of courage to face the enemy. However, for the village you called home, even you alone the only one who learned swordsmanship, you would protect them.

You looked into their golden eyes, you clenched your teeth.

"I won't let you touch my family !" You shouted before you charged towards them with battle cry.

Yet, courage alone could not make you defeat the deity.

"Big Sis ?" Your eyes snapped over Lumine, who was bringing you drink from another room. Your stoic eyes tugged onto her heartstrings, seeing how expressionless were you. She sighed silently before approaching you.

She remembered meeting you, back then when she first stepped on Khaenri'ah.

Your eyes were the same relaxed ones, but you would still smile. You played with the children alot, and treated her like your younger siblings when she stayed for a few days.

Now, those smiles you had already gone. Your feminine look now turned into someone who ready for combat. Your blade loyal by your side,  hair that always let loose now were always tied.

"It's been... long." Lumine tried to break the ice, and you did not give much reaction.

"How are you ?" She looked at you with sadness.

You were living not knowing it would be forever. If only she had known, she would have kept you by her side. However, she only had known 200 years after that, when she decided to go back to the destroyed nation.

She saw you, mourning to your family.

So, saving you were too late. Your heart was no more.

"You don't want to join the Abyss ? It will be more settled knowing what to do, to save Khaenri'ah." Lumine held your hand, squeezing it in hope you would change your mind.

"You do know who my enemy is." Lumine gave you a pensive look, knowing she cannot change your mind.

All she wanted for a safe place for you. You were just a normal citizen. All of the destruction was unjust for you. You should be among the people that died, but the God gave you even more suitable punishment for someone dare to go against them.