Childe

You just finished doing some commission outside of Liyue and met a few friends there. It was hard going outside of the country now unless you do have a job there. You spent the evening talking to your friend that you trained together for the Knight of Favonius years ago, Kaeya.

You reminiscent how you used to train together with him, and how he used to like you and you rejected him simply because he had a pirate eye on his face. You did it on a wimp and knowing you, he just laughed at your reply.

He knew you just did not like him romantically, but you had a knack on saying things on the spot without any second thought, and that was what he liked about you.

You always had a nonchalant look on your face, and you were always so random. When he first knew you, and by chance, you might just started to get comfortable with him. You shot him a random question.

"Why do you groan every morning ?" the question said. His eyes widened and looked at her for a confirmation. Your innocent (e/c) eyes looked at him, anticipating an answer, and he already sweating.

"Ahhh.. uhhh..(y/n)...." He scratched the back of his head as his face continue to grow red.

And that was a few years ago. Now if you asked a random question again, he will just reply to you the same random answer.

You waved him goodbye as you departed from the gate of Mondstat. You held your bag hanging on your shoulder as you walked pass the bridge, and you saw the infamous traveler walking so happily with fowl in his hands. You then glanced at Timmie who you occasionally greet sometimes, who had a sad look on his face.

"Hey Tim." You greeted him and he just gave you a weak smile. You did not know what to do, so you just left the poor kid alone.

The sun was already setting by the time you reached Liyue. You were thinking of having dinner today with your boyfriend, Tartaglia.

Or you call him by his pet name name, Childe.

While walking through the city of Liyue, you heard a few young adult female talking to each other.

"My boyfriend was so angry when I did it, and I almost lose him If I hadn't explain properly." The girl said and laughed.

"It was funny seeing his reaction right ? Calling by another guy's name when calling him." Her other friend laughed, and joined by the rest of the girls.

You closes your eyes and acted like you did not just hear that.

That was mean.

You continued walking, until you saw a familiar figure, waiting for you by the stairs. His lean body rested on the red pillar with his arms wrapped over his chest. His usual tousled hair was untouched still and that what you liked about him. So nonchalant and simple.

"Childe." you called for him and he turned to look at you, smiling as if he was waiting for you he whole time.

"Hey babe." you went closer to him and grabbed his hand and slouched onto him.

"I'm so tired. I want to eat and go to sleep afterwards." You told him, walking side by side to a restaurant close-by. Your hands intertwined together as he asked about you day.

"How's the job ?" He asked you, hugging your shoulders as you wrapped your arms around him.

"It was terrible. I was clearing a camp of hilicurls when suddenly an explosion happened. I don't know who hit the explosion barrel, but I have a clue somehow." You said, remembering a small figurine in red clothings making a run from the incident.