Xiao

I love him lol

---

"Is your parent here ?"

He kept looking down, waiting an answer from him. He clenched the duffel bag on his shoulder, feeling a little bit heavy to answer the question. He heard the teacher sighed.

"You're already three years into this school, but I never saw your parent once. Does she even know that you're failing your classes ?"

The teacher was a little bit surprised once his golden eyes looked up to him with the look of guilt. She sighed.

"Even though you're excell in martial arts, your academic is equally important. You're in an elite school foundation directly by Yuheng Qixing."

His eyes flattered when she thumping her fingers on the table.

"We don't do our work for money only. I want to see your mother soon. Make it happen at any cost."

He bowed down to the discipline teacher before leaving the room, the frown deepened on the face.

As usual, he would go home later than when his school ended. Until sun finally went down, only then he returned back home.

He entered the home, and saw you cooking in the kitchen. He was only standing, watching you rushing here and there, not noticing his presence.

Until you turned the corner and saw him, your eyes widened.

"(S/n) ! You're late again. Where did you go ?"

He silently rolled his eyes and sat at the kitchen table, eyeing the warm rice on the table with other dishes.

"Some stuff."

You immediately noticed his attitude.

"Do you know you're using the same excuse every time ? Isn't it your cue to tell me the real reason now ?" You frowned, but he just ignored you as he stared down at the dinner. You threw your apron aside.

"What a 14 years old do to be home this late ? You're supposed to be home when I got home." You slammed your hands onto the table, which made him frozen.

He was suppressing his anger.

"I told you many times.." You crooked your brows.

"I told you many times my teacher wanted to see you. Where were you ?!" Your eyes widened at him lashing at you.

"I told you many times too that I can't make it ! You know that as well, right ?"

He chuckled.

"Then why are you enrolling me in that elite school ? Why can't we just accept the fact that we can only afford to eat leaves soup every day !" He raised his voice, making you gasped. He then eyed the rice on the table.

"Stop taking the rice from the neighbour already, it's embarrassing !" He hit the table, making you jolted your shoulders. You bit your lower lips.