Venti (Modern AU)

Warning: Angst

Everybody in the college knew Venti, the happy-go-lucky freshman-looking senior year student who, for some reason, many people content of watching him. His soft smile was not suit his skateboard loving persona, but nevertheless, he was Venti.

Then came you, a freshman that went to college to study, of course.

It was a few months into the study when Venti noticed you on his way meeting his friends.

He was on his skateboard when he walked pass you, taking his attention right off the bat.

To the point, he did not remember stopping in your way, who was looking at him with questionable look.

"Umm, why are you in the way ?"

Venti eyes widened subtly realizing he was acting out of character, then he took the cap you were wearing and put it on his head with a teasing smile.

"You have a cute hat." Venti said, and he even more amused seeing your annoyed face.

"Can you give back my cap, please ?" You asked, and him being nimble self, taking a few steps with his skateboard as he continued to tease you.

You glared at him, who kept taunting you with an innocent smile.

"Come on, senior, it was a long day.." You said unenthusiastically as you walked closer to him. Only then he came back with the keyboard to in front of you.

You kept watching him, and he held your eyes.

"You number," he gestured the cap, "Cap."

You scoffed.

"So this is what it is about?" You smirked, crossing your arms, and he smiled.

"Senior, you're not the only one who asked, you know ?" You told him, and he shrugged.

"I'm giving it a shot here." Venti said, and you relaxed, letting go of your arms.

"You can keep it." You told him as you walked away, giving him a meaningful smile before you left.

Venti watched you walking away, looking confident as always, what made a lot of guys tried their shots on you.

He smiled as he wore your cap before he continued to meet his friends.

Days past, and all Venti did was watching you from afar while still wearing your cap. It was only the first time he saw you when he took the cap, now he wanted to learn more of you.

You looked mature as someone who younger than him. You did not socialize much with others and prone to finish your work first before anything. You prefer not having company when you do things.

When you smile, you looked like you had gone through a lot in your life. It was calming and sincere, sometimes playfulness were there where you found fit.

Unlike him, you were serious when study.

Day by day, he found that there so much more he had taken a liking on you. Much more than a glance on your beautiful face.

That when he decided to left his group of friends for a moment for you, who was reading a book nearby.

Many students watched his movements like usual, but they all noticed him walking towards you.

He took off the cap.

You were reading when you sensed someone coming for you, but before you could focus on him, you felt a cap worn on you.